Current OLN Status (It is on Ch 151 on DISH)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Someone answer my question?
IF the Sabres game is available on an ALT3 Channel 447, why then can't I get it on my Center Ice Package?
OR OLN has exclusive rights to the game like I suggested above...?????

I don't remember missing ANY NHL games this year because of Black Outs...

I'm sorry if I am asking dumb questions, but if I call Dish Network, I'll get dumb answers.
IF I can understand the language they are speaking.

jldhawk said:
Some answer my question?
IF the Sabres game is available on an ALT3 Channel 447, why then can't I get it on my Center Ice Package?
OR OLN has exclusive rights to the game like I suggested above...?????

OLN doesnt have exclusive rights. Alt channel 447 is for the MSG territory only. Wich would be the NYC area ONLY!. as its a MSG feed :) If your outside MSG's market then the game is blacked out for you. It could be the the game is blacked out of all markets outside the two teams markets... IF NHL Center Ice is not showing the game then The NHL is choosing not to braudcast the game nationally. It could be that MSG or the other City that is playing bought the exclusive rights for that game and decided to black it out nationally at the last minute. It's happened here before with an espn telecast and Comcast sports net chicago....

There was a craw that came accrost the screen on OLN that said DUE TO LOCAL BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS, THE NHL GAME WILL NOT BE SEEN ON OLN. PLEASE CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS.

Geronimo said:
Here e go again.
what this is appearing to me is that this is not of OLN's doing.. that this is infact the NHL OLN feed... what it is looking like to me is that the local teams are buying out the rights and restricting OLN from Braudcasting it.

Attachments

• OLN1.PNG
    OLN1.PNG
    96.7 KB · Views: 150
  • OLN2.JPG
    OLN2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 129
  • OLN3.JPG
    OLN3.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 125
  • OLN4.JPG
    OLN4.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
it's the OLN-Alternate channel which has been testing on Dish channel 151 for 6 months, nothing to do with the NHL or buying out rights.

ehren said:
it's the OLN-Alternate channel which has been testing on Dish channel 151 for 6 months, nothing to do with the NHL or buying out rights.
I begg to differ.. refresh your screen and take a look at the pics i just posted :) in my last post ;) Also OLN has not been testign the last 6 months.. for the last 5 that channel has been blank :)

Nah. OLN is broadcasting the game everywhere except in Sabres and Flyers territory. MSG is doing the Sabres and CSN Philadelphia is doing the Flyers.
OLN could be considered to have National OOM rights to the exclusion of NHL Center ICE.

So after reading about all the hockey game the OLN status is only on FTA and no word about if or when it will be on DISH 151. RIGHT!?!?!?!? Cause I'm not getting OLN on any of my receivers.

Let's see if we can sum this up. There is hockey on somewhere. bu not on OLN on DISH. There may be an agreement. Theremay not ne. there may be one in the future. but if you take your DISH receiver and turn to 151 you will not be watching hockey.

everything else is just confusing people.

goaliebob99 said:
what this is appearing to me is that this is not of OLN's doing.. that this is infact the NHL OLN feed... what it is looking like to me is that the local teams are buying out the rights and restricting OLN from Braudcasting it.

If OLN had an alternate feed that they used for cable co's in blackout markets, would it not be the same feed as Dish used to have - the one with no NHL games?

How many alternate feeds would they have pratically? The scroll on the bottom would make since in a local blackout market, referencing viewers to look at their listings for their local broadcast. ESPN does this same thing, just using the alternate channels. In the situation of OLN, they only air one game, so the Sat companies woul not need an alternate feed to viewers, they would just use the blackout feature on the receiver.

I just love having to read 8 pages of nothing to find out that nothing has changed. Thanks for clearing it up Geronimo.

Geronimo said:
Let's see if we can sum this up. There is hockey on somewhere. bu not on OLN on DISH. There may be an agreement. Theremay not ne. there may be one in the future. but if you take your DISH receiver and turn to 151 you will not be watching hockey.

everything else is just confusing people.

You would get a lovely college baseball game on CSTV.

masterdeals said:
If OLN had an alternate feed that they used for cable co's in blackout markets, would it not be the same feed as Dish used to have - the one with no NHL games?

Very possible.

Since the Hockey game is in Overtime, we now have the regularly scheduled Bull Riding on the Sometimes Alternate feed. :)

Thanks for all of your help with all of my dumb questions.
I'm just going to sit back, WAIT for SOMEONE to sh*t or get off the pot.
I'll look at it as a RACE to see who releases the first Press release.

:devil: :devil: I predict there will be no agreement till the playoffs are over on OLN (it will be much cheaper then)

juan said:
:devil: :devil: I predict there will be no agreement till the playoffs are over on OLN (it will be much cheaper then)

Yes, I am afraid you might be right, OLN has already burned all of it's bridges, and Dish Network already has several pissed off customers, so why not wait till the deal gets CHEAPER!.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)