Custom Directv Install Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sethc

Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Panhandle
I'm closing on a house next Friday the 28th and I have lots of tree's, there is a window to get the signal but it's either on the roof halfway up or on a pole or 4x4 in the yard.

I don't like the idea of the roof. So I'm wondering what kind of cable there is to run it through the yard to get it back up into the house?

I would be willing to pay someone to do this and install the dish which I can replace when whatever hack comes out to install the next day.

I have Cox available in the area but man they are pricey and I really want Sunday ticket plus I hooked myself up with a pretty sweet deal that will save me roughly 20-30 bucks over Cox.

I'm going to be living in the Niceville, FL area....Any takers? Also as I'm looking at this t-stom out in the Gulf how often will I get signal fade around here?

Thanks! You can email me at seth@curtislink.net

I'm closing on a house next Friday the 28th and I have lots of tree's, there is a window to get the signal but it's either on the roof halfway up or on a pole or 4x4 in the yard.

I don't like the idea of the roof. So I'm wondering what kind of cable there is to run it through the yard to get it back up into the house?

I would be willing to pay someone to do this and install the dish which I can replace when whatever hack comes out to install the next day.

I have Cox available in the area but man they are pricey and I really want Sunday ticket plus I hooked myself up with a pretty sweet deal that will save me roughly 20-30 bucks over Cox.

I'm going to be living in the Niceville, FL area....Any takers? Also as I'm looking at this t-stom out in the Gulf how often will I get signal fade around here?

Thanks! You can email me at seth@curtislink.net

You should contact DirecTV when the installer arrives you can then discuss custom install.With the correct alignment you should only experience bad rainfade during downpours or you could contact a local DirecTV installer.Good Luck!:)

custom install

I had the same problem. Go with the pole mount, don't use a 4x4, get a steel post and sink it in concrete. It won't split or warp as it dries/gets wet.

I dug a trench out to the pole and the installer ran the coax through 1" pvc conduit, over to the house in and in through the basement. The advantage of the conduit is that if I ever have to replace the cable, who knows if they'll need a new style in a few years, I can just pull a new piece, no digging required.

My installer worked with me on this. He told me where the post needed to be and I did that part of the job. He didn't charge me anything extra.

Talk to the tech, they're not all hacks.

Properly aligned you should do pretty good on rain fades. I'm in MA and rarely lose the signal except during very severe storms. The locals are always the last to go.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

That "window" to get the signal needs a close look. If it is real tight you can be sure the DTV tech will pass on the job. If everything goes well he may get paid...if there is a problem he will get charged something (charge back) if you even call to mention the problem.

Take a look at dishpointer.com. They will give you a sat view of your property and show the line the dish must face.

Good luck.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)