Customer rentention works!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yog-Sothoth said:
As of May 10th, I'll be a defector from Dish Network. I called and asked what I could get an extra receiver (for my kid's room) for, and they said around $200, or $100 less if I signed up for a two year commitment (I've been a customer for a year and a half). "This is the only offer we have now, sir." I asked to speak with a supervisor, and he said the same thing, and wouldn't budge. ' Way to keep customers, Dish. I promptly called DirecTV and set up an installation for Tuesday (two regular receivers and one TiVO). The dual-tuner TiVO will be nice. :)

I left Dish Network about a year ago for D*. I was on their DHP with a 508, and asked if there was any way to upgrade to a dual-tuner box. The only option I was given was to go buy a 721 on the open market (around $300, if I recall).

Well, I switched to to D* and got a great deal (approx $140 for FOUR Dtivos, phase III dish, shipping/handling, and installation) plus $10 off per month for six monts. Dish didn't even make an attempt to persuade me to stay until AFTER I had disconnected my service.

I haven't used D* retention department yet, but I'm sure they will do a much better job than E* did.

UPDATE:

When I called to cancel my Dish Network, I was transferred to the cancellations department. At that point, I was offered an additional receiver and installation at no cost. Of course, I already had DirecTV at that point. "How about we give you a month, sir, to compare?" "Just cancel it." There was no way I was going to accept a "deal" at that point. You would think that they would have transferred me to this person when I called on Sunday. Anyway, I already like DirecTV better; the TiVO is far superior to the Dish DVR.

Lol. Guess what Dish offered me in an attempt to get me to stay with them instead of switching to D*? Keep in mind that I had been a E* customer for over 7 years. They offered me TWO MONTHS WITH NO DVR FEES!!!! Wow! That's like almost $10 man! How could I say no? They sure made the decision tough for me then :rolleyes:.

I thought about it for .01 milliseconds and started laughing at them. I then told them that crap like that was just one of the reasons I was happily cancelling their service. I've had Directv for a few weeks no and couldn't be happier.

kbohip said:
Lol. Guess what Dish offered me in an attempt to get me to stay with them instead of switching to D*? Keep in mind that I had been a E* customer for over 7 years. They offered me TWO MONTHS WITH NO DVR FEES!!!! Wow! That's like almost $10 man! How could I say no? They sure made the decision tough for me then :rolleyes:.

I thought about it for .01 milliseconds and started laughing at them. I then told them that crap like that was just one of the reasons I was happily cancelling their service. I've had Directv for a few weeks no and couldn't be happier.

Don't mean to turn this into a "bash E*" thread, but I think if you took a poll of all the people that actually switched from E* to D*, you'd probably find that more than 75% are glad that they did. I know I am.

CANDYGIRL said:
you are disgusting, people always wanting stuff for free. not everything in life is free. but you seem to think so good luck

You are my kind of person. This mook is the first guy to bitch and moan when rates go up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)