Customer service never heard of DNS???

Jt77

Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Scranton pa
So I am currently missing my local NBC and CW affiliates due to disputes. Where I live it is nearly impossible to get a local OTA signal on any of my locals. I called directv to see if I can apply for a DNS waiver and they have given me a different answer every time I call including a direct line to the DNS operations department that no longer exists when I call the #. In the past when we did not receive CBS and NBC in hd I got a waiver the same day I applied and it lasted until they picked up these channels in hd. It Cleary shows on the website that I cannot get an OTA signal and it let me apply for DNS online but is anyone looking at the application for DNS???
upload_2019-7-9_17-51-50.png
upload_2019-7-9_17-52-22.png

Could anyone please shed some light on if the waiver was actually submitted this way?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

who knows? you won't get it anyway, because the station has to agree

The fcc says the station has to agree if there is no way to pick up a local ota signal reasonably. I have gotten them at this address in the past with the same station.

The fcc says the station has to agree if there is no way to pick up a local ota signal reasonably. I have gotten them at this address in the past with the same station.

IF you have gotten waivers previously at that address, why are you asking Us if thats the way to do it ?

I would do it the same way you previously have ...

Like Tex said, the Station has to agree for you to get it.
If the station is in a dispute with your provider, I don't know why they would OK one in this instance.