Cutting the cord today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I had to pay for tv service I wouldn't have it. Tv isn't that important to me but I realize that there is a lot of people that tv is their only thing going. Poor health, older, or just lazy. But for me, I'm young enough to keep myself occupied without it. I don't have netflix or any other service. I'm to cheap to even pay for stuff on iTunes ;)
But you pay for Internet ? :eek:

This thread definitely took a sharp left turn from the OP

I can see where "some" might see cutting the cable and going with Sat to be considered cord cutting, but I see no way that adding cable service could be considered "cutting the cord". My son is a cord cutter, he lives in BumF*ck MO. Solar & Wind for power, solar hot water, hoping to add propane backup this year. When he wants to get online or make a call it is about 5 miles to the neighbor's house where they can get a cell signal and have a mobile hotspot.

$25/mo for Netflix ?!! What plan do you have ? I think we pay $7 ,I really don't know since it's actually my parents Netflix account, but since you're allowed up to 5 devices on an account we just added our Tv and BR player to their account, then traded them our Amazon Prime & UVVU account. Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime all combined do not add up to $30/month. $30/month is a far cry from the $150/mo for DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)