CW on Galaxy 17 gone scrambled???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep it is scrambled here too :(

"now this.... not good"

This is just getting to be too much.
I'm going to need another couple of DVR's for time shifting.

I don't understand the logic. Why spend big $$$'s on scrambling when it will not produce any return?
Or do I not see it??

Or has some FBN outfits been carrying it without paying royalties?

Broadcasters are primarily protecting affiliate advertising and the value of their productions for potential revenue.

If you haven't noticed, network programs are instantly encoded and available on the file sharing sites and IPTV streaming with ads stripped off before the show even airs for the central time zone. :eek:

Broadcasters are primarily protecting affiliate advertising and the value of their productions for potential revenue.

If you haven't noticed, network programs are instantly encoded and available on the file sharing sites and IPTV streaming with ads stripped off before the show even airs for the central time zone. :eek:

How does encrypting The CW Plus feeds prevent this?

I cant wait for the day in which charlie and their friends convince the government to have everything ENCRYPTED so the FTA world will be part of the past!! Money talks!!

Although I hate to see a FTA feed disappear on satellite, CW programming left alot to be desired anyway. I won't miss it because I never watched it.
I think free and open discussion of "finds" on other sites doesn't help the cause either. I remember all the FTA stuff on C Band back in the day that was lost due to BUD nerds bragging about finds. For newbies here, it would make your head spin to know what was available back then, only to then see it scrambled.
TV networks and cable/dish companies are selfish money making entities who aren't going to give something away for nothing, even if it means losing a audience of FTA people and potential revenue from that audience.

I was planning on adjusting a secondary C band LNBF on my 8' dish this weekend to receive Galaxy 17, but now it probably isn't worth the time.

You know 2415, posting particulars such as this is exactly what tends to get these scrambled. There is a special forum for FTA Feeds that's safe to post feeds in, nowhere else is.

Well I'm in zip code 01020 and it seems that the contract dispute is going strong here. Can't get Fox (20 stations), MyTV (18), ABC (11), CW (14), CBS (9), NBC (1) and Azteca (1). What a piece of crap, I just got DISH and the rep said that I could get all of my cable stations. The DISH rep just left out the point that I would have to move to another part of the U.S. to get other cable stations.
What a big piece of crap now I'm stuck with crapping programs. Here's the kicker, I pay $43 a month for 12 months then it jumps to $70, I'm paying that for cable!!!!
I tell ya this is about on the same level as a ponzi scheme, suck 'em and let them think that they are getting a deal. I was told I wouldn’t get my local station 40 and FOX, I can live with that.
It’s the part of not being told about the cable stations and how some are local and you need to be in that locale to get them. I tell you it’s a PONZI scheme all, incredible!!!!

Well I'm in zip code 01020 and it seems that the contract dispute is going strong here. Can't get Fox (20 stations), MyTV (18), ABC (11), CW (14), CBS (9), NBC (1) and Azteca (1). What a piece of crap, I just got DISH and the rep said that I could get all of my cable stations. The DISH rep just left out the point that I would have to move to another part of the U.S. to get other cable stations.
What a big piece of crap now I'm stuck with crapping programs. Here's the kicker, I pay $43 a month for 12 months then it jumps to $70, I'm paying that for cable!!!!
I tell ya this is about on the same level as a ponzi scheme, suck 'em and let them think that they are getting a deal. I was told I wouldn’t get my local station 40 and FOX, I can live with that.
It’s the part of not being told about the cable stations and how some are local and you need to be in that locale to get them. I tell you it’s a PONZI scheme all, incredible!!!!

I REALLY think you need to look up the definition of "Ponzi Scheme".... because this ain't it. It might be "Bait and Switch", but it's sure no "Ponzi Scheme".

This is just getting to be too much.
I'm going to need another couple of DVR's for time shifting.

I don't understand the logic. Why spend big $$$'s on scrambling when it will not produce any return?
Or do I not see it??

Or has some FBN outfits been carrying it without paying royalties?

Actually, no money is spent on scrambling. Most of the encoders and decoders allready have the feature built in and its a matter of a flip of the switch.

Actually, no money is spent on scrambling. Most of the encoders and decoders allready have the feature built in and its a matter of a flip of the switch.

Absolutely! Unfortunately this is one of those things that so many people in this hobby just don't get. You always see people making this statement on FTA site and using it as justification to post feed information publicly. But what it actually shows is how little they actually understand the broadcast industry as well as the equipment and technology involved. Anyone who has almost any experience with broadcast encoders and decoders knows that most of them support at least 2 encryption systems as standard options, that would be biss and whatever proprietary encryption system the manufacturer commonly uses. For example most Scientific atlanta receivers support biss and powervu, most tandberg receivers support biss and Director (or RAS in older models), etc. Biss is an open standard. Even some open source software, like VLC, supports it. The proprietary encryption systems are owned by the manufactures of the equipment. Therefore it cost absolutely nothing to implement.

At least there's some hope as The CW feeds on Galaxy 19 (97 degrees west, in C-band) continues to be FTA, I think. Can anyone check? They're at 4060 H 32360 and 4160 V 30000, according to Global-CM's C-band satellite listing page (http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html).

You know 2415, posting particulars such as this is exactly what tends to get these scrambled. There is a special forum for FTA Feeds that's safe to post feeds in, nowhere else is.

actually since Mike Kohl has it on his site (and it is posted on Lyngsat)_ its fine ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.