d-10 300 problems rebooting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lurch

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 1, 2003
Buffalo,New york
Is the rest of the country having the same problem with these rebooting all the time?I,ve swapped out a million of them already,on service calls,and it seems like d* has no idea about the problem.

Yes, since the Active update, my 2 d10-100s and one d10-200 has issues with cold boots (where you unplug it for a few mins), it will come on, then have the "Starting up..etc" then it will shut off, then it will stay off, until i hit the power again, then it will be at "Almost Done", then it will start getting the guide data, at which point, it shuts off again, so i turn it back on guide data finishes, and it works normally. Is this something like you are getting? (i dont have a d10-300). Also some other quirks like the Autotune is borked, and i found a wierd bug, (with the d10-100), if you go into the Satellite Screen (through quick menu) then "View Signal Strenth", let it test allt he xponders, then hit "Exit" to go back to watch TV, then hit "Back", you should see the "View Signal Strenth" come up, only all the xponders and other info shows "n/a" and "xx", the first time i did this, it locked the STB, tho tv was watchable, but no response from the STB, until a cold/hard boot was done, I then tried it again, got the same "n/a, xx" screen, but did NOT crash the STB, BUT it did wipe the Zip code stored in the Active Weather thing so i had to reenter it again. To me this sounds like a something overwriting wrong places in the memory. The zip code/sat strength issue is only on the -100 afaik, my -200 hasnt even gotten an update, and does not have active yet. Does anyone here have -100 with active working? When i hit active button on the -200, it just shows a Guide setup or some sort (it is in a room I don't use so havnet played with it much). Or am I the only one who has these probs?

Thanks for reading my run-on jabber.

the -300 is PHILLIPS, what do you expect?? its JUNK, same as the 5500 boxes were.

I know, the phillips 53 53's were having the same problem,rebooting then aquiring guide data,like 3 times a day! It seems like they are trying to get the software update but are unsuccesful.The -300's are the only ones doing this I think,and thats all we are putting in now,lateley.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts