D* acknowledges partial failure:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Earl just posted the following:

I knew about it for a good two weeks if not longer. But I did not know exactly what was wrong, I just knew something was wrong.

I never claimed the sky was falling, just that something was wrong.

It was some of the folks at the other forum who took what I said and snowballed it into a "sky is falling" situation. (Note that most of the messages that we like this were REMOVED from there after people posted them.)

I never tried to claim the sky was falling, I felt it was my duty to our 87,000 members and the hundred of thousands of other readers to report what I was hearing.

The good news is that this should not have any effect on the national services... so I say BRING EM!

Yes, but you would think they spent a lot of extra time trying to figure out the spotbeam issues that they had planned to use testing the national programming, and would cause a delay, according to the press release this is not the case. But I am not convinced.

Yes, but you would think they spent a lot of extra time trying to figure out the spotbeam issues that they had planned to use testing the national programming, and would cause a delay, according to the press release this is not the case. But I am not convinced.

Of course your not :shocked
You are the eternal pessimist .

Jimbo

I guess I will be buying an OTA to get my HD locals here. I was hoping they would light up soon, but I guess they won't be soon.

In that other forum, the word is the problem is limited to the northwest spotbeams.

IMO, if Norfolk isn't coming it's because of retransmission consent issues (LIN owns the NBC and Fox there) and not satellite capacity.

Im just glad those guys are eating it at DBS. All the crap they spewed a few days ago about Scott(especially bonscott), serves em right.

I guess I will be buying an OTA to get my HD locals here. I was hoping they would light up soon, but I guess they won't be soon.

Where is your DMA on the list ?
From what I have seen, they mentioned haveing the top 75 I think it was by the end of the year, or sooner, you know how that goes.

Jimbo

Is "Not Yet" better then "Not available"? And is this the order that D* will be lauching them,or has launched them?
As evidenced by the fact that market 42 is unserved and market 200 is, no they don't necessarily take them in order. The key is figuring out who owns the stations in your market and taking off LARGE% for each station owned by LIN or one of the other difficult owners.

edit: DMA#53 (Wilkes Barre - Scranton, PA) having no LIN stations is looking fairly good, but they aren't there yet, so it isn't a shoe-in.

D* acknowledges partial failure

Earl just posted the following:

I knew about it for a good two weeks if not longer. But I did not know exactly what was wrong, I just knew something was wrong.

I never claimed the sky was falling, just that something was wrong.

It was some of the folks at the other forum who took what I said and snowballed it into a "sky is falling" situation. (Note that most of the messages that we like this were REMOVED from there after people posted them.)

I never tried to claim the sky was falling, I felt it was my duty to our 87,000 members and the hundred of thousands of other readers to report what I was hearing.

The good news is that this should not have any effect on the national services... so I say BRING EM!

FWIW, we'll know a little more later on today. By around 6-7 PM (central time) last Saturday the guide was already showing TNT HD to be temporarily off the air to free up bandwith for Sunday's ST games.

If that doesn't happen today, maybe it's a good sign. Time will tell.

FWIW, we'll know a little more later on today. By around 6-7 PM (central time) last Saturday the guide was already showing TNT HD to be temporarily off the air to free up bandwith for Sunday's ST games.

If that doesn't happen today, maybe it's a good sign. Time will tell.
That is if TNTHD is moving to the new Satellite. Which I bet its not right away.

As evidenced by the fact that market 42 is unserved and market 200 is, no they don't necessarily take them in order. The key is figuring out who owns the stations in your market and taking off LARGE% for each station owned by LIN or one of the other difficult owners.

edit: DMA#53 (Wilkes Barre - Scranton, PA) having no LIN stations is looking fairly good, but they aren't there yet, so it isn't a shoe-in.

Actually, they are the first market DirecTV has to deal with Nextar. They have a similar reputation as LIN with the cable companies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changing Channels is a PAIN!

Where Is Cleveland Vs. Cincy???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)