D* already downrezzing HDLIL to 1440

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is disclosed. When you sign up for D* you agree with the terms and conditions. It is not their fault that people don't read it.

I agree. I run my service-based business via the web and when you place an order with my company, the online order form has a check box that states: I have read, understood, and agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
I understand that this is a binding contract and that payment is due in accordance to the above policies.
And next to that statement is a check box. Unless the check box is checked, the order cannot be submitted. The links to the TOS is available to read and opens in a new window. Do I "make" people read the TOS? No. It's up to them. But by simply checking the box, they admit that they are entering into an agreement to receive services and in turn pay for those services. This practice is completely legal and is SOP for probably 100% of all internet-based organizations.

No one has any room to b*tch and complain about entering into a binding contract these days. When you install software, do you read the entire EULA? If not, you should. You'd be stupid not to. Do the majority of people read the EULA? Probably not. Most are probably too excited about loading their new software to care. But then those same people complain when their computer craps out or is overrun by spyware that was "legally loaded" during install, and was clearly defined in the EULA.

I have no sympathy for anyone in that situation. :no

Frankly - those folks whine and bitch so much that I put absolutely no creedence in their comments - I am convnced they have an agenda of some kind.
I give similar consideration to those who feel compelled to attack others as opposed to the issues.

Grow YOUR company to 16 million customers and try to have NO complaints. And don't forget - BOTH DISH AND DIRECTV always get much higher customer satisfaction ratings than any cable company does.

:rolleyes:

Where did I say that the competition didn't have complaints? My point was that he was not likely to be successful talking his way out of the contract using the points he was making. You completely misunderstood the intent of my post. Assuming that I expect D* to have 'NO complaints' is really an odd way to interpret what I said. Is it always like this in the D* forum or did I just get lucky?

Frankly - those folks whine and bitch so much that I put absolutely no creedence in their comments - I am convnced they have an agenda of some kind.

I feel the same about those who blindly defend D* even when they are clearly in the wrong.

At least it's more friendly here than on some of the newsgroups (alt.tv.tech.hdtv, alt.dbs.directv, alt.dbs.echostar, etc.) And, of course, trolls abound everywhere :dev:

I agree. I run my service-based business via the web and when you place an order with my company, the online order form has a check box that states: I have read, understood, and agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
I understand that this is a binding contract and that payment is due in accordance to the above policies. And next to that statement is a check box. Unless the check box is checked, the order cannot be submitted. The links to the TOS is available to read and opens in a new window. Do I "make" people read the TOS? No. It's up to them. But by simply checking the box, they admit that they are entering into an agreement to receive services and in turn pay for those services. This practice is completely legal and is SOP for probably 100% of all internet-based organizations.
I agree if someone orders online.

Your local must be multicasting. Id suggest you do a poll on CBS HD NFL quality over at AVS so you can see how silly that statement is. FOXHD at 720p will never hold a candle to it. Its very rare that you can make out the individual blades of grass on any NFL football that isnt CBS 1080i. Given proper bandwidth 1080i puts 720p to shame.

Why do all the AVS Special Ed Members wake up every day blaming all the world's problems on subchannels? Bad economy? Muliticasting's fault. World war? Multicasting caused it. Dust storms on Mars? You know it, generated by subchannels, never happened before them.

My local CBS affiliate does not multicast, its digital signal is 100% dedicated to its HD, I receive it OTA and football looks crappy on it as the previous poster stated. The same is true with the local NBC station that had no subchannel until halfway through the season. The sub made no difference in the quality of NBC's football broadcasts, they were just as blotchy and blocked as before on any action shot. Give me progressive for sports all the time. I also notice that stations that broadcast in progressive have few or none of the problems interlacing channels do with action scenes even when the p stations have subs.

My locals have sub channels too and I think they look pretty good. Now some of the sub channels dont look so hot but at least the primary is receiving the majority of bandwidth.

Why do all the AVS Special Ed Members wake up every day blaming all the world's problems on subchannels? Bad economy? Muliticasting's fault. World war? Multicasting caused it. Dust storms on Mars?
Why do trolls make up ID's just to post ridiculous crap in their very first post?

My local CBS affiliate does not multicast, its digital signal is 100% dedicated to its HD, I receive it OTA and football looks crappy on it as the previous poster stated.

If your CBS HD looks bad and doesnt multicast you have two choices.

1. get a new TV
2. get an eye exam
:rolleyes:

There was nothing presented to the customer to read. I can see how this could be a big problem if people start contesting non existent contracts. :rolleyes:

I just had my reinstall today and I was presented a lease addendum that I had to sign. It was on the back of installation service checklist. If you installer did not have you sign this then he was not doing his job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

h20 keeps rebooting with hdmi

Channel 82 NBCE - Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts