D* defends HDlite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is too bad that a majority of E*'s HD is HDLite as well. I guess the bandwidth is just a limitation of satellite service. Hopefully by the end of 2007 when D* has three more satellites up, maybe they will give in to consumer pressure and broadcast in True HD, since it appears they will have the bandwidth. Is E* doing HD Locals in a similar pattern/scale as D*? From a business standpoint it appears that local HD's is the way to go now, so that you can comparably compete with the cable companies.

~Josh

beatboy77 said:
That is too bad that a majority of E*'s HD is HDLite as well
actually only the V*pack and CBSHD East are downrezzed (in Mpeg 2 )and they still have much better PQ than any of the D*HD channels ... I have and will keep both providers until the dust settles on who is the Best HD provider..,.

beatboy77 said:
Doesn't the VOOM Channels make up the majority of E*'s HD channels?

~Josh

I would say in about a month right around this time.... that statment would be false as voom would make up 1/4th of the hd line up. thats if starzhd/food hd/hgtvhd/ and maybe MHD gets uplinked. E* said that they were going to add 7 more by the end of the year and Team Summit is less than 3 weeks away.. we will see :)

beatboy77 said:
Doesn't the VOOM Channels make up the majority of E*'s HD channels?

~Josh

I believe that a better comparison is what national HD channels both providers have in common and which provider is providing full HD Resolution.

Discovery HD Theater
HDnet
HDnet movies
Universal HD
TNT HD
Showtime HD
HBO HD
Channels 94-95 RSN sports event channels

All the above are HD Lite on DirecTv and at full resolution on Dish Network. From the canned CSR response that DirecTv is providing, it seems like they are trying to make this the standard. That I will think is the bigger problem here. Trying to sell HD for HD Lite when they do not provide HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)