D* DVR Models?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I just ordered a free DVR upgrade for my older model (TiVo 35hrs.) What are the different DVR models D* has available? Im not aware of how D* offers various models. Are they all TiVo? Are some not TiVo? How do I know If mine will be TiVo? And How do I know how many hours it will be able to record to capacity? Only thing I know is it is a Hughes (If that helps at all). Someone please help with these questions so I can call D* and get the specifics on my newly ordered DVR and maybe change it if need-be. Thanks.:up

I belive you will be getting the DTV "DVR" and not TIVO, you may want to call and see if they are still offering the TIVO models. I know they are for HD, but not to sure about standard.

will do. does the TiVo hold as much hours of video though? and how many hours is that?

Just called retention and asked about which model I will get. It will be the R15. Which Im happy about. I asked him how many hours it will record up to and was told 100. The one I have now (TiVo) holds only 35. The other TiVo they may have available at my local retailer holds up to 70 and they still have the 35 hour ones too.. And those might not even be new. So Im going to stick with 100 hour R15, and hope it doesn't give me troubles that are too big.This is a HUGE upgrade for to jump from a measly 35 hrs. to 100 hrs. I HATE RUNNING OUT OF SPACE. Im goig to double check all my management of shows I want to be recorded and such. Im also going to pay close attention when my shows come on to make sure the DVR is doing it's job properly. Im hopine for the best from this DVR. I have a question about the R15. Does it record shows it think I may like based like TiVo does automatically? The so-called "Suggestions" recordings?

has no suggestions.. although in directvs pdf they act like will in 2007

has no wish list type thing where you can store your wants of shows names etc, and cant easily choose to have it record them or just keep them there till you want to use them

lacks dual live buffers = bad if you like to flip between shows and want to rewind
each of them

lacks a good guide = lack of full show info

There's a whole forum for the R15 POS at dbstalk.
Good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts