D* Dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
anyone know what standard def. model DVR that D* is currently sending to its upgrading customers?

They're moving to the R10's but its possible you could get something else as they clear out inventory (but they're all Tivos if thats what you're wondering about)

tks for your info guys! has anyone gotten any model other than the R10 within the last few weeks?

Actually, the R10 is not necessarily the best. If you plan on doing any hacking (other than adding a larger hard drive) then you do NOT want an R10. If you do not plan on modifying your Tivo (or if you only plan to add a larger hard drive) then an R10 is fine, and is marginally better than other models.

JosephB said:
Actually, the R10 is not necessarily the best. If you plan on doing any hacking (other than adding a larger hard drive) then you do NOT want an R10. If you do not plan on modifying your Tivo (or if you only plan to add a larger hard drive) then an R10 is fine, and is marginally better than other models.

not to sound like a noob here....but what kind of hacking can you do to it?

i didn't order it from D* after all. i didn't want to wait for the shipping and install since i felt i could install it myself since the system was already in place. i purchased it from Bestbuy on saturday and it seems to be working beautifully.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)