D* HD Transponder List - 99.2 and 102.3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:no

Well, wouldn't you know that as soon as I start this project and get half through they obviously moved stuff around in the last 48 hours.

Still, until we see different, the actual spotbeams will most likely be of similar size and shape.

We just have to determine which set we are working under, lol.

Atlanta has changed for sure. HD Locals launched on TP16 sat 103, and I now have a 0 signal for that TP. Is there any way on the H20 to know what TP # a channel is tuned on?

The attempt to generate a spot beam map on the spaceway birds may be difficult/impossible, since the spots can be re-configured on the fly as we have just seen.

Last edited:
Birmingham

Transponders changed overnight
103* now 88 on 6 as only 103 signal
99* 100 on 3 : 92 on 7 all other actives 0 as before
By the way I do have a multiswitch but it is a Parallel setup with 2 Zinwell WB68's and 16 outputs.
Doctor j

They changed in Detroit also:

99 did not change at all

103 t4 80
t8 80

are now the only ones that are active here. All the rest are 0.

This is for the Chicago Market. Right now it is very windy, raining with heavy cloud cover.

99 Network 11

5)42 13)47 20)69 24)77 32)88

103 Network 14

4)14 5)93 9)88 13)87

So I guess that is not to bad with the weather at all

afulkerson said:
They changed in Detroit also:

99 did not change at all

103 t4 80
t8 80

are now the only ones that are active here. All the rest are 0.

Same here in Detroit.

Last night's readings:

103 t4 93
103 t8 85

Here's the # for the Chicago Sat. I am 150 miles west of Chicago, Geneseo Il.
Amazingly i am getting all 4 HD Network !!! COOL.

SAT. 103 NETWORK 14
5=92, 9=85, 13=87

SAT.99 Network 11
13=11, 19-13, 24=91, 32=82

Here in Detroit there has been a increase in signal strength.
Both t4 and t8 on 103 are now 100!!!!!:) :)

Is it possible that D* is moving things around to reconfigure the SAT's to allow them to add some new national HD prior to the next set of SAT's being launched? From discussions in other threads they should be able to have some spotbeams that cover 1/2 of the US. This would allow them to add some HD with only using up a couple of the spotbeams that were slated for local HD. Then when the new SAT's are up it would be easy for them to move them to their final resting place.

I believe we know they are not DMAs.

As these posters were so kind to respond early on, I wanted to use their input, especially as no members in the center of those markets reported anything - thus I included them and I still thank them for replying. That's why I noted where they were located as well.

As it turns out, it allowed us to further see some of the details of the signal.

I realize I have not updated the chart in a while, however I will try to do it this weekend.

As D* changed the transponder usage for most every market after about 10 days of requests (as clearly they are trying to test out more transponders before putting them on in more markets), it made it somewhat impossible to know if the signal readings were pre or post change and I did not have a good way to answer and confirm what is what.

All I can do is try to adjust accordingly and use input from those in the appropiate markets.

Spaceways Transponder Signal Strength

Updated 6/2/06 - San Jose 40 miles south of SFO DMA - TP's 23 and 31 on Sat 99 now zero.

99 Sat
TP 26=52

103 Sat
TP 24=81
TP 32=78

Last edited:
Brewer4 said:
Hartford/New Haven now.

103 t3 71
99 t4 100
99 t9 100

99 Stayed the same but lost several 103 signals.

Your numbers are better than mine over all. I am in Cheshire CT.
103 t3 73
99 t4 88
99 t9 86

The installer did a good job on the install, but doesn't know much about the satellites. He told me that 99 is only for internationals!

Last edited:
raoul5788 said:
Your numbers are better than mine over all. I am in Cheshire CT.
103 t3 73
99 t4 88
99 t9 86

The installer did a good job on the install, but doesn't know much about the satellites. He told me that 99 is only for internationals!

My installer was really really good. He had to get creative on the spot and reused my existing monopole but reinforced it. Also, I have never had higher signals on 101, 119 and 110. Even when they were moving stuff around, I had 100's in other transpoders. So it really does pay to have a good installer. Having done my own dishes I know I couldnt do better.

Brewer4 said:
My installer was really really good. He had to get creative on the spot and reused my existing monopole but reinforced it. Also, I have never had higher signals on 101, 119 and 110. Even when they were moving stuff around, I had 100's in other transpoders. So it really does pay to have a good installer. Having done my own dishes I know I couldnt do better.

I assume it was done by Halsted, yes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)