D* HR24, connecting to the Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah DECA is the way to go if you want to make sure everything works the way it's suppose to... :)

Most likely DECA would be a better solution because the powerline adapters can have problems with inconsistent latency/jitter. Really unless you have twisted pair cabling running back to a switch (not a router w/ LAN ports), DECA will provide better performance.

I just haven't seen any reviews mention performance improvements of MRV. We have no problems now other than fast forwarding being slow/not as smooth... but I didn't know if this was normal behavior under the best of setups (HR22-HR23700 Powerline Networked vs HR24-HR24 DECA) or if all we'd get was better general performance from the receivers.

Still kinda tempted to order one from Amazon - Amazon.com: DIRECTV Plus® HR24 High Definition MPEG-4 DVR (HR-24) HD DVR: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31HppAg2FuL.@@AMEPARAM@@31HppAg2FuL

...then show the improvement performances to my wife, and use that as ammo to order a 2nd :p

If improvements are negligible though, may just wait for now. We use MRV a lot, that's the only reason I am asking, improvement there would be nice but dont know if fast forwarding is any better with a 2x HR24 DECA setup or not.

If I've read other posts correctly though, if i use a HR24 non-DECA, it disables MRV? That would mean we'll never upgrade unless we do them both.

The DECA is nice should not be a issue and the HR24 rocks it's runs like a champ so far for me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts