D* HR24, connecting to the Internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah DECA is the way to go if you want to make sure everything works the way it's suppose to... :)

Most likely DECA would be a better solution because the powerline adapters can have problems with inconsistent latency/jitter. Really unless you have twisted pair cabling running back to a switch (not a router w/ LAN ports), DECA will provide better performance.

I just haven't seen any reviews mention performance improvements of MRV. We have no problems now other than fast forwarding being slow/not as smooth... but I didn't know if this was normal behavior under the best of setups (HR22-HR23700 Powerline Networked vs HR24-HR24 DECA) or if all we'd get was better general performance from the receivers.

Still kinda tempted to order one from Amazon - Amazon.com: DIRECTV Plus® HR24 High Definition MPEG-4 DVR (HR-24) HD DVR: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31HppAg2FuL.@@AMEPARAM@@31HppAg2FuL

...then show the improvement performances to my wife, and use that as ammo to order a 2nd :p

If improvements are negligible though, may just wait for now. We use MRV a lot, that's the only reason I am asking, improvement there would be nice but dont know if fast forwarding is any better with a 2x HR24 DECA setup or not.

If I've read other posts correctly though, if i use a HR24 non-DECA, it disables MRV? That would mean we'll never upgrade unless we do them both.

The DECA is nice should not be a issue and the HR24 rocks it's runs like a champ so far for me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)