D* Improves Premium Choices but...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlma1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Murrysville, PA
I switched to FioS a while ago and I am glad I did but I still look around at what D* is up to. It looks like they have improved their premium offerings, especially on Showtime and Starz/Encore. D* still is lacking on HBO/Cinemax though. Can't figure out why they limit their HBO HD choices to 4 and Cinemax to 2. I know people have been complaining about it for years...just commenting as that was one of the reasons I switched.

Although we would love everything; I am sure they see them as mass reruns of mostly older flicks.... They ones with all the 1st run shows are online; BUT I do want HBO Comedy

Last edited:
From what I have heard it is the same reason those channels are lacking in HD.. Because D* and HBO (who also owns Cinemax) can't come to an agreement regarding pricing and free previews, therefore HBO withholds some of the feeds from D*. However, HBO/Cinemax isn't really any big loss IMO. The long standing joke that HBO stands for "Has Been On" still holds true today. I dropped them years ago because there wasn't any real value in it, and now that I have it for free, I see it hasn't changed for the better.

Yes, indeed, I know that they can't please all customers all of the time. But it just doesn't seem fair to customers to not give them most if not all what the subscription service offers. Plus I have built a nice library of HD titles from Cinemax sub channels...many of which aren't available yet on Blu-ray.

Agree, If they aren't going to offer all the channels , Then the Price needs to come down.

D* is getting Better with its Movie offerings, But at a Snails pace.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)