D* Pic Quality (GREAT!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Wow, just wanted to say, Disney HD looks GREAT. "Cars "is on right now, and it looks great.

I know people like debating on the quality of HD on E* vs. D* but I am going to tell ya, I have had both, and D* blows E* away.

When I had E*, I always noticed blocking in the pictures during motion; I thought it was just because my TV was older and was only 60 Mhz, and maybe that was part of the problem, but D* HD does NOT have that problem.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I don't like to troll in other forums. Just posting for the E* guy or gal looking to possibly make the switch.

Wow, just wanted to say, Disney HD looks GREAT. "Cars "is on right now, and it looks great.

I know people like debating on the quality of HD on E* vs. D* but I am going to tell ya, I have had both, and D* blows E* away.

When I had E*, I always noticed blocking in the pictures during motion; I thought it was just because my TV was older and was only 60 Mhz, and maybe that was part of the problem, but D* HD does NOT have that problem.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I don't like to troll in other forums. Just posting for the E* guy or gal looking to possibly make the switch.

I have them both dish and direc. Dish is the family favorite. The dvrs are easy for my wife and kids. I do love them for movies.

Sports is another story. All my sports are watched through direc tv. The picture is spectacular. It really pops out at you. It use to be dish and direc picture were almost identical.

Im sorry to say that has changed. Direc has the vastly superior picture.
It seems dishes picture is a bit washed out. Im using HDMI connections for both. Same exact setup.

Both top of line dvrs??

I wonder if anyone else notices dish HD not as vivid as it use to be.
I remember Voom channels were eye candy. Nothing looked as good as Voom channels on dish.

I have them both dish and direc. Dish is the family favorite. The dvrs are easy for my wife and kids. I do love them for movies.

Sports is another story. All my sports are watched through direc tv. The picture is spectacular. It really pops out at you. It use to be dish and direc picture were almost identical.

Im sorry to say that has changed. Direc has the vastly superior picture.
It seems dishes picture is a bit washed out. Im using HDMI connections for both. Same exact setup.

Both top of line dvrs??

I wonder if anyone else notices dish HD not as vivid as it use to be.
I remember Voom channels were eye candy. Nothing looked as good as Voom channels on dish.

I was always under the impression that the Dish DVR's were the industry standard, and they may be, but the UI I think has a better look on D* and the guide and menu is much faster (I had a 722 and now I have all 24 series equipment)

I wasn't looking to post this today...I turned on DisneyHD just for the heck of it because I saw Cars was on, and it was one of the most perfect pictures I have ever seen, even for a animated movie. I watch a lot of sports and thats when I used to see the blocking a lot, especially watching Auto racing. Not an issue with D*. I am very glad I switched. I hope E* competes, since competition is always good, but for now they have lost my business.

A few of us have argued the fact for a couple of years (2 for myself), and with all these converts, it's now being commented on more. Dish is not bad, but Directv is better, especially on a larger screen.

Count me in as well on DirecTV HD being better... Tonight was the first night I actually got to sit and watch TV since we switched from E* to D*... For me being sight impaired th pic was not a big issue, but tonight when I heard "HOLY sh*t uttered from my wife on how much better the pic was on Direct I knew we made the right decision on making the switch... I loved my 622, but constantly losing HD was getting quite old... I really like the HR24... Now it is time to re learn all those channels again... CC

If you think Direct looks good you should see the Master feed on C band :eek: That would blow your socks off. :)

Direct does a better job than Dish network any day. What Direct really needs to do is get in the same league as FIOS, from what I hear they are the closest to the original signal. IMHO Direct needs to can all the BS channels and throw bits at the good channels. I for one like a good picture.

Last edited:
If you think Direct looks good you should see the Master feed on C band :eek: That would blow your socks off. :)

Direct does a better job than Dish network any day. What Direct really needs to do is get in the same league as FIOS, from what I hear they are the closest to the original signal. IMHO Direct needs to can all the BS channels and throw bits at the good channels. I for one like a good picture.

Your forgetting that it's the BS channels that allow the channels we want to be HERE.
Ala, contract and channels associated with the contracts.

happy to hear you're happy with the Directv picture OP. over 2 years ago when i switched from E* to D* i noticed the difference. I'm glad to see D* has stuck to its quality HD pic.

I remember the day I fired up my bud. The picture was so clear it was amazing. The first thing I saw was a Toronto Blue Jay game on one of the Anik satellites. It was like looking through a window the picture was so detailed. Say, isn't that what they are saying about hd now? ;)

HD is MUCH better on D* than E*. I was an E* sub for almost 10 years, no axe to grind there.

D* simply gives HD channels significantly more bandwidth and that naturally translates to better image quality.

HD is MUCH better on D* than E*. I was an E* sub for almost 10 years, no axe to grind there.

D* simply gives HD channels significantly more bandwidth and that naturally translates to better image quality.

Well, with all the channels going bye bye on E*. Maybe it'll free up the bandwidth for the remaining few?:D Why, they're wasting space duplicating HDtheater on 110 and 129 is beyond me.

Well, with all the channels going bye bye on E*. Maybe it'll free up the bandwidth for the remaining few?:D Why, they're wasting space duplicating HDtheater on 110 and 129 is beyond me.

Don't worry Stupid Charlie will add crap channels to eat up the bandwidth he's gaining. Dish is on it's downward spiral, all of Charlies games this time is really digging a grave for him. Good for Direct though. I made the right choice going with Direct.

I remember the day I fired up my bud. The picture was so clear it was amazing. The first thing I saw was a Toronto Blue Jay game on one of the Anik satellites. It was like looking through a window the picture was so detailed. Say, isn't that what they are saying about hd now? ;)

SD on C band can rival even surpass the HD on pizza easy. I guess I've been watching HD since 1987 :D

Don't worry Stupid Charlie will add crap channels to eat up the bandwidth he's gaining. Dish is on it's downward spiral, all of Charlies games this time is really digging a grave for him. Good for Direct though. I made the right choice going with Direct.

What crap channels exist to add? Remmber we already have LogoHD, Centric and WFN.:D I'm hoping they dump the fox locals too and free up even more bandwidth and then maybe add the rest of the premium Movies channels in HD. If people want the Fox locals they could throw up an antenna. There's gotta be 90 percent of subscribers who can get their locals, locally. The other 10 percent. I guess will have to do without. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)