D*'s alleged "false advertising"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think this thread should be closed, as stated, the question raised by the original post CANNOT be answered until AFTER December 31st anyhow. Let's get the FACTUAL RESULTS then and lets see if DirecTV reaches at, near or even ABOVE its target.

There really is no new info or insight that can be gathered at this point I'm afraid.

I'm thinking that we can convene the SAME folks in a different thread to continue to hash some matters out.

;)

I think this thread should be closed, as stated, the question raised by the original post CANNOT be answered until AFTER December 31st anyhow. Let's get the FACTUAL RESULTS then and lets see if DirecTV reaches at, near or even ABOVE its target.

There really is no new info or insight that can be gathered at this point I'm afraid.

I'm thinking that we can convene the SAME folks in a different thread to continue to hash some matters out.

;)

The orginal question was this.

Would you be so kind and point out the places where D* has stated that they would do one thing and havent done it.

I can be answered by all the missinformation that D*'s own employees spout to the customers every time you talk to them.

The orginal question was this.

I can be answered by all the missinformation that D*'s own employees spout to the customers every time you talk to them.

Well - we just need to open a SIMILAR thread in EVERY providers forum then - there are just as many mentions of CSRs from EVERY ONE of them that don't know their stuff. Frankly, BOTH DISH and DirecTV have much better CSRs than you can expect from cable.

And if you read the entire OP - Boston stated he was talking about FALSE ADVERTISEMENTS. not misinformed CSRs - that is a totally different subject. And the verdict on the advertisements CANNOT be made until AFTER 12/31/07.

AS the OP clarified in post #4

HOWEVER STICK TO THE TOPIC

The topic was this..."where did D* advertise something to you the consumer and then didnt deliver."

So for example..you say you are supposed to get cetain HD channels and D* didnt give them to you.

BINGO, now we are getting some place.

Show me where they advertise that you would get those HD channels and do not get them.

Its so freaken easy. Im putting it on a platter for all the disgruntled D* and E* people out there. Show me in print where the issues are.

Well - we just need to open a SIMILAR thread in EVERY providers forum then - there are just as many mentions of CSRs from EVERY ONE of them that don't know their stuff. Frankly, BOTH DISH and DirecTV have much better CSRs than you can expect from cable.

And if you read the entire OP - Boston stated he was talking about FALSE ADVERTISEMENTS. not misinformed CSRs - that is a totally different subject. And the verdict on the advertisements CANNOT be made until AFTER 12/31/07.

It is not different because he stated he wanted examples of where D* did not deliver on things they told you. Is it not true that a D* CSR is a rep of D*. I think so. They should not spout such garbage every time somebody calls. If this information was told to a press agent while on the phone they could use this information in an article that says that D* would be delivering x at time z. Most companies have a hard set rule that you don't say anything unless you are told to. And yes this goes on at many providers and it is not right for them either. Oh and by the way any CSR that is trying to sell you on a service is advertising their product to you. So it is false advertising.

It is not different because he stated he wanted examples of where D* did not deliver on things they told you.

Spew on - he clearly says (read his second post again) he is talking about DirecTV advertisements.

speak to you on this topic on 1/1/08.

Spew on - he clearly says (read his second post again) he is talking about DirecTV advertisements.

speak to you on this topic on 1/1/08.

So you guys only want to speak on items that fit your needs. I see it now. It is nice to change the topic in the middle of the thread.

So you guys only want to speak on items that fit your needs. I see it now. It is nice to change the topic in the middle of the thread.

Tell you what - start ANY thread YOU want - that's your privilege - you want a particular discussion - open it up. The OP clarified what he was looking for in the 4th post of this thread, NOT IN THE MIDDLE. Enough flaming already - for gosh sakes - he started this thread, he is SUPPOSED to shape the topic!

Tell you what - start ANY thread YOU want - that's your privilege - you want a particular discussion - open it up. The OP clarified what he was looking for in the 4th post of this thread, NOT IN THE MIDDLE. Enough flaming already - for gosh sakes - he started this thread, he is SUPPOSED to shape the topic!

First off I never once did any flaming.

Second, what about the original Jessica Simpson comercial that said D* broadcasts all their HD in 1080i. We all now that was false because ESPN is 720P. I guess that does not count.

First off I never once did any flaming.

Second, what about the original Jessica Simpson comercial that said D* broadcasts all their HD in 1080i. We all now that was false because ESPN is 720P. I guess that does not count.

If in fact she said ALL their HD in 10801 that would be false. I am not so certain that the word ALL was used. So I don't have your answer. If anyone has it taped please report back what WAS said.

Accusing people of changing stuff in the MIDDLE when it wasn't done is a cheap shot IMO. You want to have a discussion about CSRs - start one up.

If in fact she said ALL their HD in 10801 that would be false. I am not so certain that the word ALL was used. So I don't have your answer. If anyone has it taped please report back what WAS said.

Well I guess I was wrong she said, It's broadcast in 1080i. She never said all but pretty close to false.

D* must have thought this commerical was bad becuase they agreed to pull it after TW sued them over it. They would not spend all the money on it just to pull it expecially if they did nothing wrong IMO.

Accusing people of changing stuff in the MIDDLE when it wasn't done is a cheap shot IMO. You want to have a discussion about CSRs - start one up.

Then I must apologize to the OP. But he still never stated that the false information needed to come from the media. Advertisements come in many fashions. Phone, TV, Radio, Print, etc..... You don't get telemarketer's calling, I guess they are not advertising and selling products. This is MO on the subject.

I take every and I mean every post where a sub or supposed sub posts anything about information from any CSR. Yup, sometimes they just talk out of their A&^%. Sometimes as we have seen folks just hear what they want to hear. Once again, I think the most important thing that I have come away from with this particular thread is that it is not, I repeat not the D* subs that are complaining here. If I think Toyota is lying in their advertising I don't buy a Toyota, I also don't start screaming about it. What the heck do I care, I bought the Mazda! Fellow D* subs are very content with what we have and the plans to move forward, I see no reason personally to bash E* on what they have or their plans. The funniest ads ever were the E* football 24/7 ads with Tiki but I didn't get on the net and start posting threads about their false intentions telling folks that if they want the NFL they gotta have E*, which was in fact what the ads were about...

I think its ridiculous most of the time to complain about D* CSR's. They are not on the cutting edge of what is going on or planned. I honestly have no complaints with them, the have always been polite and helpful to me. My big complaint is the lousy HD PQ and the CSR's arent responsible for that and probably know very little about it.

I think jealousy plays a role in why the :cough: cable industry :cough: has their panties tied in knots over D*'s advertising calling for a planned certain amount of HD channels by the end of the year. Sure some of the big boys are talking the talk by saying that they too can carry 100 plus HD channels, but they aren't backing that talk up with any programming announcements.

God only knows the local cable company here in Des Moines is sitting on their hands with a blind eye to the HD revolution that's about to take place with D* and they contend all is well with their crappy VIP package with VOD that is useless unless you subscribe to a premium movie channel.

Buy a HDDVD or BluRay player and get the capacity and picture quality that far exceeds that of satellite and cable. Now that's what HD really is.

If that's the solution, then why have D* at all, and why be on this board?

I agree that the PQ is better through HD-DVD, but let's face it, it's far from the subject.

Very interesting thread indeed but two things have come up wich lends to consumers sitting on one side of the fence or the other when the deadline comes.

" And directv will have up to 150 high definition channels "

" Directv HD DVR will have the capacity for to offer 150 high definition channels "

Both of these are nice saving disclaimers so that if directv falls short and only offers say 50 channels in hd then they can point to the commericals and advertising and be free and clear.

Personaly I would like to see them offer 150 national channels ( read no new sports channels such as rsn's or local channels ) in hd so that I can make a change to a new provider for television service.

Besides that, if Directv has 100 HD channels like they have been claiming for the past 3 years, who says DISH Network is not going to be able to carry those very same channels?

!

E* has already come out and said they "may" add six channels this year. So no they will not add all the channels D* will this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)