D*'s alleged "false advertising"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which one stated that all D* channels were in 1080i ????
The Jessica Simpson one did not do that, if thats the one your thinking about...
She never said ALL were in 1080i

Jimbo
Yea she said "Directv HD is broadcast in 1080i,I don't know what that is but I want it" To be exact NO she didn't say ALL,but she didn't say some either.Trust me I stand for Directv.but thats what I remember. Here's proof.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ent...-brawls-and-talks-1080i-221420.php?mail2=true

The part of the Simpson ad that got D* into trouble (Star Treck one also) and they pulled was the part that their resolution was better than cable. TW sued stating that they also broadcast the same resolution. All ads that stated this were pulled by D*.

Personally I think its wonderful how interested these DISH subs are in DirecTV. I could give a rats a.. About competitors ads.

Many E* subs like me keep an eye on Directv becuase like me they don't care what provider they are with (yes some are trolls but there are also some D* trolls). I was a D* sub for over 10 years prior to switching to E* last year. If D* comes back with more of an HD offering I will be all over it if E* does not respond. I still have all my old D* equipment so it will not be to hard to set it back up.

Many E* subs like me keep an eye on Directv becuase like me they don't care what provider they are with (yes some are trolls but there are also some D* trolls). I was a D* sub for over 10 years prior to switching to E* last year. If D* comes back with more of an HD offering I will be all over it if E* does not respond. I still have all my old D* equipment so it will not be to hard to set it back up.

Jag,
No contract with DISH ???

Thats a plus ...

Jimbo

D* does broadcast all hd in 1080i, if they don't receive 1080i from the network it is not viewed that way, Have you ever watched an old western on HDNM, do you think they had HD in 1965?? the broadcast can only be as good as the feed that D* gets from the networks. Remember Tv is luxury, If you don't like it read a book.

And as for the sports blackouts, contact the FCC. D* does not make the decison on which channels you can watch where you live, that is up to the FCC.

D* does broadcast all hd in 1080i, if they don't receive 1080i from the network it is not viewed that way, Have you ever watched an old western on HDNM, do you think they had HD in 1965?? the broadcast can only be as good as the feed that D* gets from the networks. Remember Tv is luxury, If you don't like it read a book.

Not true. D* does not broadcast all HD in 1080i. ESPN and others are only 720P and that is what D* sends them as.

And as for the sports blackouts, contact the FCC. D* does not make the decison on which channels you can watch where you live, that is up to the FCC.

As for Sports Blackouts , It's NOT the FCC, it's the individual teams that determines the zip code database, all sporting packages work on zip codes.

Jimbo

Because that is howthey recieve them, you can not change they way a program is recorded, espn tapes 720 so thats whatyou get

Not true. D* does not broadcast all HD in 1080i. ESPN and others are only 720P and that is what D* sends them as.

Correct, D* is the provider, not the origin, the provider passes along whatever the origin starts with...
Once it gets to you, then you can decide what signal you want passed to your set...
Personally, I use "Native" so I can see the picture the way it was intended for.

Jimbo

dtvrillo,

your link:
Sports Blackout Rule protects the holder of the exclusive distribution rights to a local sporting event (i.e. a sports team). The sports blackout rule is only applied if a local TV broadcast station is not carrying the local sporting event. Therefore, if a local TV broadcast station does not have permission to carry the local game, then no other broadcaster's signal displaying the game can be shown in the protected local blackout zone.

This has nothing to do with the FCC choosing what games you are able to see.
The teams are responsible for decideing what zips it goes to.
This link basically says that if it's not available locally, it won't be available to other providers. This protects the company that has the teams broadcast rights.

Jimbo

I haven't seen any blatant "false adversing" from D*. They're pretty careful to put in the disclaimers like "up to 150", "soon", and "agreements in principle". E* and cable do the same thing. You have to pay attention to what is really being said in all advertising.

Exactly because if they didnt use those phrases and words such as, up to, in principle and soon in thier advertisements would be misleading.

Thank you for proving my point.

If a consumer chooses to ignore those words and come up with their own interpretation then its the consumers fault.

Exactly because if they didnt use those phrases and words such as, up to, in principle and soon in thier advertisements would be misleading.

Thank you for proving my point.

If a consumer chooses to ignore those words and come up with their own interpretation then its the consumers fault.
You're welcome. It's misleading advertising, not false advertising.

Its neither misleading or false, just listeners/viewers that choose to ignore what is really being said to make mountains out of molehills.

"Wah, my spilled milk!"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)