D*'s REAL HD Launch plan...IMO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Ok, so here we are on Sept. 19, 2007 and still not one new HD lit-up. Hmmm. Most people seem to be very dissapointed as they expected this day to be a glorious one filled with the exiting new opportunity to view a plethera of new High-Def programming, expecting maybe up to 40 new channels today! Here's what I think. I do believe D* planned to launch SOME new channels today, but they had a technical issue. I also believe it was only going to be 5 channels at most. Not 10, 20 or even 40! I think when they do start launching it will continue to be 1 to 10 channels at most everytime. So 70 new HD's is still a while away if you ask me. It could be till late November, early Dec. And as for 100 channels, Im thinking that number will very well be delayed till Q1 2008. And yes we have officially been lied to. I remember the article from the inerview tvpredictions.com did with a D* spokesperson stating 20-40 new HD's Sept. 16th, not the 19th...and 70 by the end of September... We Shall See... Everyone should keep in mind that speculation can be very risky, I wish everyone here and at dbstalk.com especially would ease-up on the speculation.

DirecTV is good at talking then not following thru even if there are unseen problems like today. If maybe the other short comings were never mentioned in the first place people would not be so pissed off today. Just like you said the exec who said 20+ channels, History to be on Directv first. THe list goes on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)