D* surprises

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well we have had our D* account in suspend mode since we moved from Northern VA on the 16th of December.We got Adelphia Platium pak,or what ever they call it,and thier top Internet pak since it was winter for one and there was a few minor things we had to do to new house and I didn't want to mess with the install of the dish at that time and in the cold.I had talked to D* back in March about what we could and couldn't get.Was concerned about locals FOX,CBS,etc after they looked (as I had done)for the zip code 22840 they said that the signals transmitted were Grade A/B and I could not get waivers.Okay then lets cancel the account,they switch me to retention,he looks,talks to a super,looks again and the says we will submitt the apps for the waivers and to keep the account in suspend mode for two more months,I told him to just cancel because and we all know waivers being approved is like getting a years free service(not going to happen).I called last night to go ahead and cancel and get it over with.Told the CSR(very polite young lady)my account number and to please cancel the account,she said fine but that she would have to transfer me to retention(I guess they deal with cancelations)when the guys anwsers and asks the problem,tell him the young lady transfered me to him to cancel.Checks his screen and asks if I am sure I want to cancel,I explained everything and he then tell me that CBS,FOX,have granted the waivers--He says that there's ABC listed to but isn't sure about that one.Also to wait for 15 days more,that puts me over the 45 days that the stations have to respond and if they all haven't I get any station that didn't respond with-in that time frame.Well D* may not lose another sub if this get pulled off.I also get to compare Adelphia and D* side by side and if by some chance Adelphia is better(selection of HD channels sure as hell is-17) than D* I can cancel with no fees as I own all my gear.It will be interesting to see what happens in 15,well now it's 14 days

Last edited:
You should receive a postcard with the results of the waiver approvals/disapprovals. I assume you changed your address with DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts