Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
For the life of me, I can't how much the wireless adapter from D* costs. I've looked all over the web site and I can't find it.

My router is far away from my receiver and I might want to get one of these but I certainly need to know, how much it costs!

Darn fine installation video though. :)

I don't think DirecTV offer a wireless adapter; they my offer a home-plug solution and the have an internet connection kit. Let us know some details about your setup, hardware and what exactly you are looking for.

I have the HR20. All my gear is in the living room. My internet provider is the the local cable company. It comes in the house in my den, near my desk. So, the router is too far to run a cable. I picked up an ipad Friday and I started looking at the D* app. I've never had an internet connection in my HR20, so it didn't come up until now.

I saw they have an home-plug solution and the internet connection kit for wireless, but I couldn't figure out how to order one.

I have the HR20. All my gear is in the living room. My internet provider is the the local cable company. It comes in the house in my den, near my desk. So, the router is too far to run a cable. I picked up an ipad Friday and I started looking at the D* app. I've never had an internet connection in my HR20, so it didn't come up until now.

I saw they have an home-plug solution and the internet connection kit for wireless, but I couldn't figure out how to order one.

Too far to run a cable? You can get a 50' cat5 cable cheap from HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Yeah it really is to far. And it has to turn a corner. My wife is not crazy about cables lying around and I'm too lazy to crawl through the walls. Gave that up when I turned 50. :)

I'd still like to see what D* is selling but I can't find it on their page anywhere.

Ok, now I'm seeing "For customers with Whole-Home DVR Service:

Professional installation of the DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit is required. Order it now. For customers who don't have Whole-Home DVR Service, you can connect your HD DVR to the Internet with the self-install options below."

I scanned my HR20 and it shows a "Whole-Home" tab. I guess that means....I have it? Never saw it before...of course I've looked before.

Ok, now I'm seeing "For customers with Whole-Home DVR Service:

Professional installation of the DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit is required. Order it now. For customers who don't have Whole-Home DVR Service, you can connect your HD DVR to the Internet with the self-install options below."

I scanned my HR20 and it shows a "Whole-Home" tab. I guess that means....I have it? Never saw it before...of course I've looked before.

You would know if you have whole home on your system. I am sure that you probably don't. All that tab was telling you is that the HR20 can do the whole home (although I won't comment on how well it does).

I went to Wally World for something else....while I was there, I saw a Netgear Universal wireless adapter....bought it....and it works!

Yea me!

My distance was too complicated too. I set up a wireless bridge with an old G speed linksys that I had laying around and it works great with HD. Plus I have my BluRay hooked to it also.

Speedtest says I'm at 10.90. I just to get last week's SNL...clicked on it...it send it was sending it to my playlist, but I don't see it. "Program was unable to download" What's that about?

Ok, called D*....the unit won't stay connected to the internet. CR spent 20 minutes running tests. Having me check cable...ect, Says the problem is with my router or internet provider. Nothing they can do.

I LOATHE these products wars. "It's not us....it's them". I just went through this with Panasonic. So, sometimes I have internet on the receiver. Sometimes I don't.

Idiots.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)