D* Won't Give Me Fox HD for the games

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The waiver doesn't matter for O&O stations!!!! I don't see why they keep saying that! Waivers are only for affiliated stations like my local FOX in Louisville.

Did you reach tech support?

It is curious about the waiver thing. I got the same canned response when I had to call them to turn on CBS HD, and then NBC HD when they came online.

The first time I called for each, I got the waiver thing. One CSR wasn't even going to transfer me to a supe, since she "knew" the rule and that was it.

Both times I called back, and the next CSR said "Sure, no problem."

off topic: DirecTV really needs to strengthen it's information flow to the frontline CSR's. I also don't understand the combativeness that som eof us have endured lately (from threads I've seen here and that Tivo Forum :) ).
I am always calm when I call in, sort of paying that "I'm a nice guy, please help me" card. The moment I bring up whatthe rules are and whatthe website says..BANG..instant cr@p from the CSR.

I'm not pushing anymore tonight. It's really more of a principle thing now...a company telling a long time customer (since the USSB days) that he's wrong when he isn't, and then getting rude about it.

I decided it's not worth getting an ulcer right now.

Same Stuff different day !

Ive only been with directV since July, but I have come to learn that as with some other large growing corporations, sometimes the top level management doesn't communicate well or properly train the lower level employees (CSR).

I am however very happy with Directv pq and audio.

When it comes to customer service and installation issues, it seem there is not much control. Upper management seems to have very little interest in the quality of their installation subcontractors. Ive had 2 or 3 at my house that seemed uninformed.
When it comes to getting stations like NBC CBS or Fox HD, it took me 4 CSRs to get CBS and NBC. Each one had a different statement or didn't have a clue. The last one turned them on within a few minutes. (I went through the whole waiver thing). I'm still waiting on FOX HD, I got it the first day but not since. It will take the luck of the CSR roulette wheel I guess till I finally get it. I believe as time goes by DTV will correct these problems especially when the new laws for HD go into affect in the next year or so.
Until then I do enjoy DTV and look at it as a challenging game when I want something extra like FOX HD.

Thanks
Pauly :usa
GO RED SOX

What's funny is I got approved for distant net ABC and CBS but was denied FOX and NBC. I had to go the waiver route too.

I got an email response today from D*.

I quote a section :

"In areas where FOX operates the local station, this feed is automatically added to your account...."

I called DTV.... still no dice....

EscapeRocks said:
I got an email response today from D*.

I quote a section :

"In areas where FOX operates the local station, this feed is automatically added to your account...."

I called DTV.... still no dice....

OK, now I'm really curious. Will they tell you why you don't qualify for the Fox-HD signal? If there's another station that their system claims you then they can tell you. Are you stuck at first level CSR's or have you got to tech support (use the technical problem prompt) or asked to talk to the waivers department (I had to go there for a CBS problem). Someone's got to be able to tell you why vs. just a can't.

When you call tell them you see the same screens as they do.

You see your account into

You also see the same DMA qualifier screen

Tell them code they need type in is FOX_HD_*

Tell them you know this becuase the guy down the street got it added.

Thats how I got them to do it (got them to ask there supervisor who knew how to qualify on the spot and then add it).

THis is not a normal task for the CSR>

Rather than calling I would just wait for the main rolll out of Fox.

6 calls is way to much for just a game.

blue directtv screen

i get the message call customer service to order on channel 88/89. i called D* to see about getting the HD feed on channel 88 or 89. the csr didn't know what he was doing and i eventually got disconnected after about 40 minutes on the phone. i now get a blue DirectTV screen that is just playing "on hold" music. is everyone getting this screen when the game went off. i am hoping they activated it, but i didn't notice it until after the game.
thanks

what you need to get your station turn on
it handle case by case only one station in customer market need to be o&o no other station inless other market is also o&o
or be Eligible for dns

department that check your status HD-DNS Eligibility Line or
also know as special projects
other will not know well about hd/dns laws they have not be train it not in their power to talk about it directv doesn't trust reg csr to handle these calls because directv can get fined per day that customer has that station illegal
as outline in are systems people who are eligible the computer add the fox hd programming only to the acct if channel 88 and 89 are not on, your not eligible

you can call get the fox hd only add if eligible if system didn't add it to your account

i really don't understand all the stuff about the grade a and b. i went to the link on the first page and it said i hade a grade a signal. like i said i never have gotten the blue D* screen it usually is black and says to call customer service to order.

wardjay said:
i really don't understand all the stuff about the grade a and b. i went to the link on the first page and it said i hade a grade a signal. like i said i never have gotten the blue D* screen it usually is black and says to call customer service to order.

What city are you in?

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Tupelo's Fox channel is WLOV Ch 27. Which is NOT an O&O but is owned by Lingard Broadcasting.

Could that be the problem?

Casey

caeyathompson said:
Unless I'm reading this wrong, Tupelo's Fox channel is WLOV Ch 27. Which is NOT an O&O but is owned by Lingard Broadcasting.

Could that be the problem?

Casey

That is correct. Unless you have a waiver from your local fox station you can't get channel 88 or 89. It is only available to people in Owned and Operated areas, DNS customers and those with waivers.

dgordo said:
That is correct. Unless you have a waiver from your local fox station you can't get channel 88 or 89. It is only available to people in Owned and Operated areas, DNS customers and those with waivers.

Right.... I satisfy ALL the rquierments, but they won't turn it on for me. They tell me if it wasn't tuned on for me automatically then too bad. They can't do anything for me.

Even with my email letter from D*.

Last night the customer retention dude told me they have been receiving A LOT of calls from people in O&O areas with my same issue.

When I ask why , all he could say is it's out of D*'s hands. ?!?!?!

Contact your local FOX station and tell them your situation. They may be able to help you out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)