D* would rather have $150 than $840?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is actually getting pretty funny. Right now, on D*'s website they are giving away $100 in bill credits, a $50 gift card, and a portable dvd player to go along with the current NFLST/Premiere package deal. So, I ask again, how stupid is it to charge $200 for their HD Dvr? They can keep all that and just give me the dvr for free and they would have a new customer. Seriously, they have no business sense whatsoever.

I feel the same way. I could care less about $10 off for 10 months. If they could do $100 off then I'd be a happy camper.

I'm looking at an hr20 and h20 for my house and I don't really have the $300 up front to start. They won't budge at all on the price. Even if they went down $100 I could probably swing it.

Straight from Mercer's mouth.

Up until this year, Buckeye games are rarely on in HD, therefore NOT having then first couple of games in HD is not suiprising.
The Big Texas game a few years back was not even in HD.
I would not be surprised if they are not on in HD until week 3 against Washington.

Jimbo

cable companies will charge you around 20 dollars a month to lease the ``free'' hddvr. with directv, you pay the cost upfront. like i said, do the math......its cheaper every time.
You also pay a monthly DVR fee or a "mirror" fee for additional recievers. Satellite charges you twice. Once upfront and then rental fees diguised as mirror or DVR service fees. And then they top it off with contracts and termination fees. In your math problem you need to plug in the 300 dollar termination fee. :rolleyes:

This kind of thing cracks me up when people say a large business like D* has no business sense.

Take look at what they have achived financially then take a look at what you have achieved. They didn't get to where they are now by mistake or accident.

And this isn't just about D*, I am sure people say the same garbage about dish. But sinse I don't care about Dish I don't read what is posted about them. Nor am I interested in researching it. My point is, unless there is a sat company owner piping up in here or even an exec at a large sat comp here, no one that posts here has any idea what it takes to run a successful sat company. Just because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean that it's dumb. It means you don't understand but rather than say "I don't understand", it's better to say, "they have no clue what they are doing".
If it made good business sense for them, they would do it. They are not in the business of providing free TV. They are in the business to turn a profit.
They make mistakes, but when a company is that large, it can't turn on a dime. It takes time to evalute what is wrong and correct it.

Right on.

Those guys are just living a terrible life, they are worried about their next meal or keeping the lights on. Hemi, you do crack me up! Your concerned about the $199 for the DVR, and making cracks about these guys? Dude, that's just silly. Those guys you mentioned don't give a rats ass about you and your account with D*. Yup, I like to get a great deal, but if I can't get it, I don't start berating the company or the folks that run it, your the one that couldn't get the deal done but yet somehow it is D*s fault?? Grow up and say goodbye to the D* forums.

back to the first 2 ohio state games not being in hd....that isn't exactly what bob mercer said. he said the hd version of the channel wouldn't go live when the season starts. he didn't say directv wasn't showing any hd games on either channel 94 or 95.

since dtv10 isn't expected to turn on ebfore 9/15, obviously that means the entire slate of big ten hd games won't be aired.

you can own it....

if you simply state you bought it at a garage sale or off ebay. They cant put a lease tag on it for something you bought somewhere else.

if you simply state you bought it at a garage sale or off ebay. They cant put a lease tag on it for something you bought somewhere else.

Yes, they can - if they can prove that the receiver was leased by the original customer who had no legal right to sell it. In addition, if they wanted to, they could make you obtain a new access card to use it which they could make conditional upon acceptance of the lease, or they could just refuse to activate it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)