D10 Receiver cannot see 95 Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shikar

Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Have two DirectTV Dishes installed with a 6X8 zinwell switch.
One dish has triple LNB for 101,110,119 Connected to Zinwell switch.
Second Dish 87cm for Sat 95 International Channels connected to flex port.
Had one receivers Philips DSX 5500 working OK on all Sat 101,110 & 95 with signal strength of 100% for 101, 90% for 110 & 80% for 95.
Bought DirectTV D10 receiver. Completed AutoConfig.
Found 101,110 with 100% & 90% signal strength.
D10 receiver cannot see Sat 95 at all.
Need help installing D10 to see Sat95.
Thanks

Are you sure the big dish is pointed corectly ?

Do you install yourself ?

Yes I did the self install.
The Philips DSX5500 Receiver has signal strength of 80% on 95 and all Indian Channels plus Live Cricket works great.
Only on the new DirectTV receiver D10 cannot get 95.
Only option i can try is disconnect Philips receiver reconfigure.
But why would two different receiver want seperates co-ordinates for 95.
Thanks

Congrats on the self-install, Shikar. I had professional installers who couldn't get it done the first day.

I still don't know why it has to be done this way, but you must tune ALL connected STB's to channel 100 or 201 when you run the autoconfigure on any of them. Also, check the sticky at the top of this thread on the 72.5 install guide. It lists what software version is needed. The D10's are supposed to be preloaded with the correct version, but perhaps you got an early production run unit. However, if it receives the 101 sat correctly, it should have downloaded the correct version by now.

Software checked out to be OK. Took D10 to friends house with same setup worked without any issue. Tried auto-config with all STB at 100 & 200 no luck.Changing ports on 6x8 switch.No luck. Can get only one Phillips DSX5500 receiver to pick up all channels on 95.

Any splitters between the multi-switch and where you set up your D10? If you can, try to test it right next to the multi switch with a portable TV. You got me stumped.

Make sure the 95 dish is connected to Flex Port 1, regardless of what your documentation says.

Only multiswitch is the one that came with the triple LNB dish(builtin).
Correct, Sat 95 is using Flexport 1 since Flexport 2 is for Sat 72.5.
Used no splitters. Triple LNB into Zinewell 6x8 switch & 95 into Flexport 1.
Why cannot use multiple receivers to receive Sat 95 signal? Only allowing for one receiver with 80% signal strength to work.

If I were you, I will sell the D10, and buy a second Phillips. It seems D10 is not user-friendly at all.

Shikar said:
Only multiswitch is the one that came with the triple LNB dish(builtin).
Correct, Sat 95 is using Flexport 1 since Flexport 2 is for Sat 72.5.
Used no splitters. Triple LNB into Zinewell 6x8 switch & 95 into Flexport 1.
Why cannot use multiple receivers to receive Sat 95 signal? Only allowing for one receiver with 80% signal strength to work.

I have the Zinwell 6x8 and have 4 receivers that can see the 95 sat, including a D10. When you run the Auto Selection on the D10, make sure both the D10 AND the Philips are tuned to 100 or 201; it will take a long time to run, perhaps around 10 minutes. If that still doesn't work, I'd ask for a replacement, if that is an option.

Removed triple LNB dish. Have only 87cm Dish. Ran auto config. Still DSX5500 Philips receiver receives sat101 at 98% and sat95 at 80% strength. But still D10 receiver will not get any signal from sat95 but gets 95% from sat101.
Do I need a splitter for sat95 besides 6x8 Zinwell switch.Tried changing D10 with second Phillips receiver no luck. Thinking if splitter is required between sat95 LNB and Zinwell 6X8 switch. Any help is appreicated.

If you remove the triple-LNB disk, how can the receivers still see the 101 sat ?

The 36" dish can see botht the 95 and the 101.

From the 72.5 Installation Guide sticky at the top of this board:

1) D-10 Auto Configuration
• Press “MENU” on the remote
• Select “Settings”
• Highlight and select “Satellite”
• Highlight and select “Auto detect”
• Press (dash) on the remote 3 times

I have never done that last step. Perhaps the installers did and I was not aware of it.

I am perplexed. If your box works at a friend's house and your other received can get 95 at your house, there must be something wrong with the connection between the multiswitch and where your D10 is. Have you tried connecting your D10 where your Philips is?

The 36" Dish came with 2 LNb's. One for 95 other for 101. Have tried with only D10 receiver no luck with 95. Yes have done the Auto Setuo with dash dash dash option no luck.Very very perplexed myself. Somehow getting feeling that maybe issue with 6X8 switch but than why would it allow multiple connection for Sat101. Running out of option.

Just as an aside, with 4 new D-10's connected to a new Zinwell 6x8 with a new Hughes 80GB DVR, the D-10's could never find 72.5 on autodetect. If I disconnect everything from the switch except one receiver and auto detect on it, it found it and retained it. Repeated 5 times and all "remembered" 72.5.

sounds like you have a similar problem to what I'm experiencing, only I've got a R10 DVR which won't lock onto 101. :<

D10 is finding the 95 sat but unable to get any signal strength, even though the Philllips DSX5500 has the sat95 programs runnning at 80% signal strength.
Have plugged D10 were DSX5500 no luck, tried D10 alone no luck.It finds the sat95 but the strength signal is zero, even though D10 has 95% signal strength from Sat101.Have no splitter at all except Zinwell 6X8 switch.

It's time to call an installer !

You can make more money by doing something else (except if you don't have anything to do) !

try plugging it into a non-grounded extension cord backwards. Worked for me. I had to trim the edge of the extension cord off or remove the grounding portion of the plug, so I removed the plastic edge of the extension cord.

Don't ask my why this worked for me, but it did.

ekgermann,

When you succesfully configured your 5 receivers individually, did you have to remove the cables connected to the 6x8 multiswitch or can you simply unplug the coax from your receiver?

I'm having problems getting any of my receivers (HR10-250, R10 and HAH-SA) to detect the 95 satellite. My 6x8 switch is on the roof and difficult to get to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts