D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If u think ST is just for displaced fans u really are lost.

yeah yeah yeah.... everybody is a Cowboys fan. Again... DirecTV/Sunday Ticket cater to the sports fanatic. You aren't just a sports fan, you are a freak.

I'll take my weekly Bucs game, you'll take as many games as you can watch and have your bookie on speed dial . I get it man. I get it. Other than sports freaks, DirecTV subscribers are NOT getting what they want.

Of course RSNs count here is why:

Here in NY we get YESHD as its 1 of 4 RSNs in our DMA.
Dish doesnt offer YESHD so that is a major drawback for them here.

If you dont count RSNs that saying dish not offering it is meaningless....that makes no sense at all.
True, But it shouldn't be just all about RSN's.
More then Half of D* HD channels Are RSN's and PPV.
D12 Should change that.
But I could see why people are mad, D* hasn't done a thing worth a Headline for HD programming Since September 2007.
2 major Satellite launches, and all that did was throw around some locals, and fix the bandwidth issues it had with all of its Seasonal Sports packs taking up the HD bandwidth to serve about 3 Millions customer, while leaving 13 million in the dark.

Yes, I see a big difference. Here is why.

I live in the Tampa market. My RSN's are Sun Sports and FSN Florida. I get Lightning games no problem. If I pay for the sports pack, I get Fox Sports Detroit, but the Redwings games are BLACKED OUT. Sure, I get the non-live hunting shows and round-table talk stuff, but I don't get the Redwings-Kings game. In order to get the Redwings-Kings game, I MUST subscribe to Center Ice. If I subscribe to a premium channel, I get EVERYTHING the channel has to offer. Nothing is blacked out. There is a huge difference. I would consider these RSNs as local channels. If I move to Detroit, I'll get Fox Sports Detroit and can watch the Redwings game without the Center Ice package. See the difference? I know, I know, you tried to catch me in a blunder, but you are mistaken my friend, not I.

No, I don't think you should get on here and complain about channels you don't watch and how we don't need them in HD. And I am not doing that either. I said RSNs shouldn't count in the national count (for the reason given above). But they deserve to be there. They are just pretty much local channels. Unless I can pay for a sports subscription and get everything on every channel, it doesn't count. They want me to pay for the sports pack AND pay for Center Ice. Then they want to count it as a national channel. No, don't think so.

Yep, I was around in 2007. And that list of forthcoming channels was a huge selling point. I am pretty sure they had a huge surge of subscribers for a few quarters there because of it. Their only blunder was the HBO/MAX press release that they never fulfilled. Other than that, it was a success announcing channels coming soon.

No need for specific dates. Just tell the public specifically some of the channels that are coming. Nobody gives a rat's a$$ that they have the "capacity" for 200 channels. We want to know that some channels are coming. I want to hear they are finally adding the missing HBO/MAX channels. Tell me they are coming soon. For real this time! You don't need to tell me May 1st. Just tell me what is coming. Maybe I'll stick around! That really isn't confusing now is it?

RSN's are directly tied to the sports packages,or the other way around, what I'm saying is when you buy a package you get the RSN (game wise) the rest of the RSN is basically fluff till the games come on anyways.
IF you can get the game in HD with the packages, the channel should COUNT.
EVERYONE has the ability to get these channels and games if they decide to.
Therefore the RSN's should COUNT.

Dcowboy is correct, ST isn't just for fans that have moved. I haven't moved, but without the ST I would never (at least not regularly) see my team. STEELERS !

You were given a list of some of the channels already, why do you need them all at this point ?

Maybe they should not announce anything happening, sat launches or anything, just do it , turn it on and then say LOOK what we have.

Of course RSNs count here is why:

Here in NY we get YESHD as its 1 of 4 RSNs in our DMA.
Dish doesnt offer YESHD so that is a major drawback for them here.

If you dont count RSNs that saying dish not offering it is meaningless....that makes no sense at all.

"that makes not sense at all." Agreed... this post makes no sense.

& 3 people on my street have ST....2 giants fans & 1 jets fan. :D

edit: i should add i know a saints fan here with ST but hes just a bandwagoner.

Seems like it would make more sense to pool your money for a man cave in one of your ramshackles. Or open your own sportsbar!

Seems like it would make more sense to pool your money for a man cave in one of your ramshackles. Or open your own sportsbar!

ST cost me $159 last year so a bar would cost more than that over 17 weeks.
& whats a ramswhatever ? is that like whats in your trailerpark ? :confused:

& whats a ramswhatever ? is that like whats in your trailerpark ? :confused:

You really should have listened to them when they told you not to drop out after the 8th grade. Human to human, I'll help you out....

go to Google.com and search for ramshackle

Better yet, go to images.google.com and perform the search. With any luck, your home may show up on the first page of results. Good luck!

No need for specific dates. Just tell the public specifically some of the channels that are coming. Nobody gives a rat's a$$ that they have the "capacity" for 200 channels. We want to know that some channels are coming. I want to hear they are finally adding the missing HBO/MAX channels. Tell me they are coming soon. For real this time! You don't need to tell me May 1st. Just tell me what is coming. Maybe I'll stick around! That really isn't confusing now is it?

Signed contracts with D* launching this year.

• The Africa Channel HD
  • BBC HD
  • CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • ESPNU HD
  • FearNet HD
  • FSN Cincinnati HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • FSN OHIO HD
  • Hallmark Movies HD
  • MSNBC HD
  • Outdoor HD
  • WGN HD

isn't this thread about D*12? instead i gotta go through a bunch of crying and bitching posts from the usual suspects :rolleyes:. :shh:shh

I think there may be TWO channels that I watch that is not HD.

Well, my 5 year old's shows are about 50/50 sd/hd. He gets some HD on disney and the cartoon network, but a lot of the other channels are totally SD.

I watch a lot of stuff on the travel channel and FLN, which is not only in SD its distorted into widescreen, so I have to use a zoom on the tv which makes the aspect ratio sort of correct but cuts off some of the picture and muddies the quality even further.

We watch a lot of movies on the SD movie channels like encore and amc.

Theres also a lot of cooking shows and home improvement shows we watch on various networks. A lot of those are in SD.

My wife watches the style channel and E a lot. No HD there.

From the other big satellite industry forum site....

"D* recently stated they will have the capacity for over 200 HD channels after D12 in 1st half 2010, I have listed the most likely additions.
The 65 most likely added channels.

1. ESPNU HD* *In Test Stream

2. Hallmark Movie Channel HD*
3. MSNBC HD* *In Test Stream
4. Outdoor Channel HD*
5. WGN America HD* *In Test Stream
6. MoreMax HD*
7. HBO2 HD* *In Test Stream
8. HBO2 West HD* *In Test Stream
9. HBO Family*
10. HBO Family West*
11. HBO Latino HD*
12. HBO Signature HD*
13. Fear Net HD*
14. BBC America HD*
15. Africa HD*
16. Fox Soccer HD *
17. 24/7 RSN CSN –CA HD*
18. 24/7 RSN CSN –BA HD*
19. 24/7 RSN FSN Cincy HD* *In Test Stream
20. 24/7 RSN FSN FL HD* *In Test Stream
21. 24/7 RSN FSN Ohio HD* *In Test Stream
22. ESPN 3D* (June 11 2010) part time?
23. N3D* (June 11 2010)
24. EWTN HD*
25. Travel Channel HD
26. Centric HD
27. CSPAN HD
28. CSPAN 2 HD
29. Fox Movie Channel HD
30. Nat Geo Wild HD
31. WE tv HD
32. Sundance HD
33. Encore HD
34. Encore West HD
35. TCM HD
36. Tru HD
37. Headline News HD
38. E! Entertainment Television HD
39. Starz in Black HD (Mid 2010)
40. Style Network HD
41. Logo HD
42. G4 HD
43. MoreMax HD west
44. QVC HD
45. RFD HD
46. TV One HD
47. HBO Comedy HD
48. HBO Comedy West HD
49. 5StarMax HD
50. ActionMax HD
51. @Max HD
52. OuterMax HD
53. ID HD
54. Lifetime HD
55. Lifetime Movie Network HD
56. AMC HD* In Test Stream
57. IFC HD* In Test Stream
58. The Movie Channel West HD
59. HBO Zone HD
60. HBO Zone West HD
61. ThrillerMax HD
62. WMax HD
63. OWN HD (2011)
64. Flix HD
65. History I HD
66. GolTV HD * In Test Stream
67. TMC Xtra HD* In Test Stream
68. 3D PPV* In Test Stream
69. Fox Soccer Plus HD
"

If DirecTV adds the above, specifically all those premiums, AMC HD, Travel Channel HD, ID HD, Tru HD, and History International HD, I will not only stick with DirecTV and probably renew my contract (allowing me to add equipment), but I will shut up and stop complaining on these threads.

I am most mad about the way they handled HBO/MAX in June 2007 and then never added them. Now they could make it up to us and add all or at least most of the HBO/MAX channels in HD... that would be fantastic. And to finally get those other HD nationals, it would be great.

If these additions actually happen...any complaints from any poster means that they have issues unless they don't get their locals in HD

Yeah, that'd pretty much wrap up most of my SD channels, except for my sons shows. I dont think any of those are actually recorded in HD anyhow.

well I dont see fishing channel hd listed, I am going to call D* right now, as that is a crappy list ;)

If they get all those channels, again I will add all premiums back onto my account no questions asked.

I just wish it would hurry. Had hoped BBCA HD would hit before the new Doctor but thats this weekend and doesn't seem likely :(

"D* recently stated they will have the capacity for over 200 HD channels after D12 in 1st half 2010, I have listed the most likely additions.

4. Outdoor Channel HD*
6. MoreMax HD*
9. HBO Family*
10. HBO Family West*
11. HBO Latino HD*
12. HBO Signature HD*
13. Fear Net HD*
14. BBC America HD*
15. Africa HD*
16. Fox Soccer HD *
17. 24/7 RSN CSN –CA HD*
18. 24/7 RSN CSN –BA HD*
23. N3D* (June 11 2010)
24. EWTN HD*
25. Travel Channel HD
26. Centric HD
27. CSPAN HD
28. CSPAN 2 HD
29. Fox Movie Channel HD
30. Nat Geo Wild HD
31. WE tv HD
32. Sundance HD
33. Encore HD
34. Encore West HD
35. TCM HD
36. Tru HD
37. Headline News HD
40. Style Network HD
41. Logo HD
42. G4 HD
43. MoreMax HD west
44. QVC HD
45. RFD HD
46. TV One HD
47. HBO Comedy HD
48. HBO Comedy West HD
49. 5StarMax HD
50. ActionMax HD
51. @Max HD
52. OuterMax HD
53. ID HD
54. Lifetime HD
59. HBO Zone HD
60. HBO Zone West HD
61. ThrillerMax HD
62. WMax HD
63. OWN HD (2011)
64. Flix HD
65. History I HD
69. Fox Soccer Plus HD
"

If DirecTV adds the above, specifically all those premiums, AMC HD, Travel Channel HD, ID HD, Tru HD, and History International HD, I will not only stick with DirecTV and probably renew my contract (allowing me to add equipment), but I will shut up and stop complaining on these threads.

I am most mad about the way they handled HBO/MAX in June 2007 and then never added them. Now they could make it up to us and add all or at least most of the HBO/MAX channels in HD... that would be fantastic. And to finally get those other HD nationals, it would be great.
That's a great list. I do hope we at least get most of that.

Why would FSN Cincy be on this list? It is the exact same thing as FSN Ohio. It is a waste of bandwidth. Let there be an overflow for Reds games and give FSN Wisconsin the full time carriage it deserves.

4. Outdoor Channel HD*
6. MoreMax HD*
9. HBO Family*
10. HBO Family West*
11. HBO Latino HD*
12. HBO Signature HD*
13. Fear Net HD*
14. BBC America HD*
15. Africa HD*
16. Fox Soccer HD *
17. 24/7 RSN CSN –CA HD*
18. 24/7 RSN CSN –BA HD*
23. N3D* (June 11 2010)
24. EWTN HD*
25. Travel Channel HD
26. Centric HD
27. CSPAN HD
28. CSPAN 2 HD
29. Fox Movie Channel HD
30. Nat Geo Wild HD
31. WE tv HD
32. Sundance HD
33. Encore HD
34. Encore West HD
35. TCM HD
36. Tru HD
37. Headline News HD
40. Style Network HD
41. Logo HD
42. G4 HD
43. MoreMax HD west
44. QVC HD
45. RFD HD
46. TV One HD
47. HBO Comedy HD
48. HBO Comedy West HD
49. 5StarMax HD
50. ActionMax HD
51. @Max HD
52. OuterMax HD
53. ID HD
54. Lifetime HD
59. HBO Zone HD
60. HBO Zone West HD
61. ThrillerMax HD
62. WMax HD
63. OWN HD (2011)
64. Flix HD
65. History I HD
69. Fox Soccer Plus HD
"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts