D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Our local DTV Installer said they are telling him not until June for the new sat to be fully operational. Patience Grasshopper. My guess is we might see some new channels go live before then but not at full capacity. Also had my single LNB changed out to a new type for what he said is for the MRV (multi rm viewing) older LNB wouldnt work for that function. Actually looks kinda kool too...

Our local DTV Installer said they are telling him not until June for the new sat to be fully operational. Patience Grasshopper. My guess is we might see some new channels go live before then but not at full capacity. Also had my single LNB changed out to a new type for what he said is for the MRV (multi rm viewing) older LNB wouldnt work for that function. Actually looks kinda kool too...

I don't believe the LNB has anything to do with MRV ing, but it would allow you all the benefits of the HD recvrs to have the new set ups.

It's moved to a slightly larger orbit and it goes above the other ones when it moves. I forget if they slow it down or speed it up to move it from 76 to 103.

To move westward, they speed it up to go to a higher orbit but with a lower angular velocity (longer period). To move eastward, the opposite is done.

To move westward, they speed it up to go to a higher orbit but with a lower angular velocity (longer period). To move eastward, the opposite is done.

See, I knew there would be someone that knows more about it than I do! (ps, there are lots of people that know more about it than I do!)

I'm wondering if the launch of Echostar 14 on March 20 will start beaming new HD channels before D12 does.

I am really running out of patience with DirecTV. Delays, delays, delays.

First, let's get one thing straight. They do not have the most HD or even the capacity for the most. I am so sick of hearing that.

DirecTV is full of excuses and lies. I keep checking to see when we are going to get some more channels and nothing is announced. I called about another issue last week and asked the girl about new channels and she said "nothing" was announced internally. Are they trying to drive non-sports fanatics away?

Throw us a bone DirecTV! Even if you need to do more testing and things won't be ready until June, fine, but tell us. Give us a list of forty or fifty non-sports channels that are coming!The silence is ridiculous.

I mean come on. If they are planning on adding more premiums in HD, give us a list and a date. Set the date out further than you think and then come in early and make us happy. Don't just sit there silent and say you have the "capacity" for 200 HD channels. That just makes them look stupider for not using the capacity.

This is so irritating. The HD channel lineup sucks and anybody that says it doesn't is full of it.

People try to justify "no need for multichannel premiums" because of DVRs and the myth that the programming on (example) HBO Comedy is the same during the month as the flagship HBO. So maybe you don't want more premiums in HD, but believe me, anybody that subscribes to HBO knows the frustration of being an HBO subscriber via DirecTV. Not even HBO2 is HD! Even though DirecTV Access Magazine had it listed as HD for a long time (not sure if they still do).

Once DirecTV loses me they will never get me back no matter how many channels they add in the future. I don't care if you have 500 HD channels in 2015. I want certain channels in 2010. Certain channels you announced in June of 2007 for a December 2007 date that we still don't get. Now we keep seeing "capacity for 200 channels" advertised.

Well, I have a safe with a capacity for $2million dollars in cash. That means nothing if I haven't got the cash! Capacity is nothing. Actual channels mean something.

My patience is wearing thin folks. Go ahead and call me ungrateful or tell me that if I am unhappy, leave. Those points aren't the point. The point is DirecTV always has some excuse for its failures. Delay, delay, delay... "wait wait, don't leave us sir, we have the capacity for 200 channels, Dish Network only has the capacity for 150."

Maybe it is time to give up TV and take up reading!

I am really running out of patience with DirecTV. Delays, delays, delays.

First, let's get one thing straight. They do not have the most HD or even the capacity for the most. I am so sick of hearing that.

DirecTV is full of excuses and lies. I keep checking to see when we are going to get some more channels and nothing is announced. I called about another issue last week and asked the girl about new channels and she said "nothing" was announced internally. Are they trying to drive non-sports fanatics away?

Throw us a bone DirecTV! Even if you need to do more testing and things won't be ready until June, fine, but tell us. Give us a list of forty or fifty non-sports channels that are coming!The silence is ridiculous.

I mean come on. If they are planning on adding more premiums in HD, give us a list and a date. Set the date out further than you think and then come in early and make us happy. Don't just sit there silent and say you have the "capacity" for 200 HD channels. That just makes them look stupider for not using the capacity.

This is so irritating. The HD channel lineup sucks and anybody that says it doesn't is full of it.

People try to justify "no need for multichannel premiums" because of DVRs and the myth that the programming on (example) HBO Comedy is the same during the month as the flagship HBO. So maybe you don't want more premiums in HD, but believe me, anybody that subscribes to HBO knows the frustration of being an HBO subscriber via DirecTV. Not even HBO2 is HD! Even though DirecTV Access Magazine had it listed as HD for a long time (not sure if they still do).

Once DirecTV loses me they will never get me back no matter how many channels they add in the future. I don't care if you have 500 HD channels in 2015. I want certain channels in 2010. Certain channels you announced in June of 2007 for a December 2007 date that we still don't get. Now we keep seeing "capacity for 200 channels" advertised.

Well, I have a safe with a capacity for $2million dollars in cash. That means nothing if I haven't got the cash! Capacity is nothing. Actual channels mean something.

My patience is wearing thin folks. Go ahead and call me ungrateful or tell me that if I am unhappy, leave. Those points aren't the point. The point is DirecTV always has some excuse for its failures. Delay, delay, delay... "wait wait, don't leave us sir, we have the capacity for 200 channels, Dish Network only has the capacity for 150."

Maybe it is time to give up TV and take up reading!

You have the right to be unhappy, ungrateful, whatever, but you should at least be honest in your assessment of Directv and their hd lineup. To say their hd lineup sucks is incredibly stupid. How many channels they have compared to Dish, or FIOS, or anyone is irrelevant. They have somewhere around 130 hd channels. That's pretty good! Simply because they haven't announced what and when the new channels are coming is also stupid. They got burned a few years back with the ESPN2 debacle and they are smart enough not to make that mistake again. If you don't like their present lineup, or aren't willing to wait for the new channels, fine, go somewhere else. But don't come here whining about it! Jeez! What a grump you are!

Failure can be differentially perceived from the viewpoints of the evaluators. A person who is only interested in the final outcome of an activity would consider it to be an Outcome Failure if the core issue has not been resolved or a core need is not met. A failure can also be a process failure whereby although the activity is completed successfully, a person may still feel dissatisfied if the underlying process is perceived to be below expected standard or benchmark.

Personally, I can wait. besides what can I do about it. stomping my feet and complaining to/about a CSR or threatening to leave the service I don't believe will speedup the process.

I'm still waiting for the flying car I was promised in those grade school films.

All I know is Direct TV advertising stopped the ads mentioning this capacity for 200HD channels stuff a few weeks ago. I suspected something then. Now I`m receiving the Starz package for some reason, never ordered it, and actually don`t even want it. I think DTV thinks throwing a crappy movie package out as a bone is a simple cover-up.

All I know is Direct TV advertising stopped the ads mentioning this capacity for 200HD channels stuff a few weeks ago. I suspected something then. Now I`m receiving the Starz package for some reason, never ordered it, and actually don`t even want it. I think DTV thinks throwing a crappy movie package out as a bone is a simple cover-up.

A cover up for what? They might be giving it to you as an anniversary gift.

It appears that D12 maybe getting ready to start moving. The FCC has granted D* a 30 day extension of the STA for moving the satellite. Retroactive back to 4/7/10.

FCC INTERNATIONAL BUREAU

Description: DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC requests a 30 day extension of its Special Temporary Authority to conduct telemetry, tracking and control operations for the DIRECTV 12 satellite during relocation after in-orbit testing. DIRECTV accepts the same terms and conditi

This approval was expected to be given once D* told the FCC that they were ready to start moving D12.

The FCC just granted approval of a 30 day STA extension to allow D* to move D12. This seems to be sign that D12 is ready to start moving as the thought out there was that the FCC was waiting for D* to tell the FCC that they were ready to start moving D12 before they would approve the extension that was requested on 3/31.

DTV`s cover up is a simple diversion. Look! Free Movies! And Some Channels are in HD! Gee, I forgot all about the other stuff DTV said/promised. Is Mrs. Doubtfire on again (and again, and again)? In HD! Oh Joy! Throw away all the offers coming in from TWC, U-Verse, we got free crap!

You have the right to be unhappy, ungrateful, whatever, but you should at least be honest in your assessment of Directv and their hd lineup. To say their hd lineup sucks is incredibly stupid. How many channels they have compared to Dish, or FIOS, or anyone is irrelevant. They have somewhere around 130 hd channels. That's pretty good! Simply because they haven't announced what and when the new channels are coming is also stupid. They got burned a few years back with the ESPN2 debacle and they are smart enough not to make that mistake again. If you don't like their present lineup, or aren't willing to wait for the new channels, fine, go somewhere else. But don't come here whining about it! Jeez! What a grump you are!

Incredibly stupid huh? I am not complaining specifically about the number. I am complaining about the channels offered. What is incredibly stupid is to have only the flagship east and west of HBO and Cinemax in HD. That is really stupid. Adding HD channels like the Viacom suite (MTV or VH1) long before they aired their first HD programming before channels like HBO 2 HD east and west that actually aired HD movies was really stupid. Their stupidity lies in not adding extremely desired channels like Travel Channel HD but instead adding less desired garbage. Then they go and add RSNs that nobody gets outside their local market unless they pay for an expensive games related package like Center Ice or Extra Innings and have the nerve to add it to a national count. Sure, you can get a sports package with non-games on the RSNs with hunting and fishing or highlights shows but all the Fox sports channels air the same syndicated garbage. People want RSNs for the games, not that other fluff, yet they include that in the national count.

There are tons of HD channels we do not get, and a satellite that increases the capacity of the service to 200 channels, yet they give us no idea of what sort of channels we can expect. Are we going to get desired channels like Travel Channel HD, AMC HD, TCM HD, etc.? How many of the available HD premium channels will we get? There are 26 HBO/MAX HD channels and we currently get 4. Will we get 8, 12, 15, all 26? We have no idea!

Giving us a list of channels to come, even a partial list, is a selling point. Telling people you have the capacity for 200 channels is NOT a selling point.

Think about it. If a person is moving into the country and deciding between DirecTV and Dish Network, what is DirecTV doing to sell itself? They are saying "200 channel capacity." That means nothing to nobody!

And of course you end your response with the typical "If you don't like what you get, go someplace else." So typical. Why not offer up a solution to D* to keep customers?

Stupid comments like "go someplace else" or "patience grasshopper" just piss off people and offer nothing.

Complaining is a RIGHT of any customer. Across the Internet from topic to topic, things are no different. Whether it is Xbox 360 vs. PS3, Mac vs. Windows, AT&T vs T-Mobile, etc., it is the same. You get the diehards defending their product no matter what they do. Try admitting that DirecTV is handling this "incredibly stupid," and offer solutions vs. defending BS.

Failure can be differentially perceived from the viewpoints of the evaluators. A person who is only interested in the final outcome of an activity would consider it to be an Outcome Failure if the core issue has not been resolved or a core need is not met.

A few facts to consider.

1- there is plenty of customer turnover in the sat/cable industry.
2- not all existing customers are happy.
3- potential new customers like to hear what separates this company from the competition.

Having that said, wouldn't it be a wise move to give some indication of what is coming as far as channels are concerned? If I am a potential customer a I look at the channel lineup and see the skimpy HBO HD offerings, it is instant turnoff. Tell me 6 more HBO HD channels are coming soon, that is a selling point. Telling me that the service has the capacity for 200 HD channels isn't a selling point. Fo all I know, 200 HD PPVs are on the way!

A failure can also be a process failure whereby although the activity is completed successfully, a person may still feel dissatisfied if the underlying process is perceived to be below expected standard or benchmark.

Most people don't give a hoot about the technical aspects such as the satellite launch, testing, tuning, and moving into place. While some at this site find this fascinating, most DirecTV subscribers just want to watch their channels and know it works. They also want to know what is on its way.

On any given day there are hundreds or thousands of people considering whether to stay with DirecTV or not or whether to subscribe to DirecTV or not. Why not sell the service? Again, telling a person that you have the capacity for 200 HD channels is not a selling point. Telling a person about the 40 specific channels on the way in the next few months (after the satellite is fine tuned and put into place) are a selling point. Sell me!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)