D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
How is DirecTv planning to make this additional Ka bandwidth available in L-Band? While I'm sure that their existing receivers can tune from 250 to 2150 MHz internally when the 101 degres slot is selected, I don't see where they could place these bands for multiple dwelling unit distribution, since all four trunkline coaxes are virtually saturated at present. It seems to me that whatever they carry on this bird will not be available to most MDU customers, nor to most residents who have self installed their own SWM8 based systems.

The CONUS beams on D12 are in the Ka-high band (which translates to 1650-2150), and will share this frequency range with SW1 (which only uses a portion of that bandwidth for spotbeams). The spot beams on D12 share the Ka-low spectrum of D10 and will be used to augment that or as backups. It shouldn't affect any installations. The 4 BSS spotbeams are another matter and we will have to wait and see (they may work by using same LNBs as now with the local oscillator frequency of 18030 being above the signal frequencies, but that could overlap the existing Ka-low once translated to L-Band).

The new HD was supposed to hit by May and the 3 new 3D channels were supposed to launch by June...

The HR24 has 6 tuners? Thats a new one on me and probably news to those members which has been helping DIRECTV test them out over the past few months.

The new HD was supposed to hit by May and the 3 new 3D channels were supposed to launch by June...

The HR24 has 6 tuners? Thats a new one on me and probably news to those members which has been helping DIRECTV test them out over the past few months.

No mentions yet of 6 tuners on our spec sheets in our company database.

Dont get the RVU box confused with the HR24 they are two different beast all together

I'm pretty sure that tunners are really big fish.

And isnt Bill Parcells also known as the Big Tunner?

There was another STA filing yesturday. Not sure what to make of it, they requested an extension of the drift period, but that doesn't mean they are ready to start the drift (or not ready).

http://licensing.fcc.gov/myibfs/download.do?attachment_key=808653

DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC requests an extension of its Special Temporary Authority to
drift the DIRECTV 12 satellite from the 76 degree W.L. orbital location to its licensed
orbital location. DIRECTV accepts the same terms and conditions applicable under the STA
currently in force.

Whats up with d*12?

will it EVER go active? Where's Scobuck??he was good at giving info!!

Currently still testing at 76 and they just had permission granted for a 30 day drift to start anytime. Hopefully within a month it will be in place at 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts