D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Whatever the issue it, it appears to be with the KA portion, as they have completed testing the KU portion.

Lets hope its ok. DIRECTV is counting on this bird to serve them.

yep. getting a little frustrated. hey D12, MOVE ALREADY YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

It sure would have been nice to see Dr. Who in HD sometime this month. On BBC HD

I doubt it can even be possible for new hd in April. The satellite hasn't moved from the testing slot of 76, and it takes about 20 days for the drift. Then there is some more testing at 103 to do.

I had a question....once D12 has moved into its position....will it be ready for use instantly? or will it take them a few days to get it fully operational and for us to start receiving the new High Definition?

I had a question....once D12 has moved into its position....will it be ready for use instantly? or will it take them a few days to get it fully operational and for us to start receiving the new High Definition?

It has to test for a few more weeks after it parks. then it goes live....still has a ways to go...

It has to test for a few more weeks after it parks. then it goes live....still has a ways to go...

A few weeks, probably not that long. Maybe a week or two is my guess.

I suppose there is a possibility that with the extended testing at 76 it may not take as long to get things going once it reaches 103.

Maybe not, but I suspect they still have to do some testing once it gets there.

I know that this isn't on topic, but how do they move a satellite and avoid hitting all of the satellites along the way?

I know that this isn't on topic, but how do they move a satellite and avoid hitting all of the satellites along the way?

It's moved to a slightly larger orbit and it goes above the other ones when it moves. I forget if they slow it down or speed it up to move it from 76 to 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)