D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would FSN Cincy be on this list? It is the exact same thing as FSN Ohio. It is a waste of bandwidth. Let there be an overflow for Reds games and give FSN Wisconsin the full time carriage it deserves.

They are not the same channel. Look at the schedule tonight. The Reds are on FSN-Cinci and Poker is FSN-Ohio. FSN Ohio does not carry any MLB games anymore. The problem is that both of the channels are two totally different sports markets.

The FCC just granted approval of a 30 day STA extension to allow D* to move D12. This seems to be sign that D12 is ready to start moving as the thought out there was that the FCC was waiting for D* to tell the FCC that they were ready to start moving D12 before they would approve the extension that was requested on 3/31.
So this STA is to move the satellite, not more testing? According to the attachment it sounds like it wants to do more testing?

Where are you getting your information from?

Attachments

• Application-3.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Problems with direct NEVER!!! All is good on our end you must have the ID Ten T Error!!
Might Dump Dish for direct if they can work out the kinks and get fear net hd as im almost done putting all my monsters HD movies on Blu-ray.

Problems with direct NEVER!!! All is good on our end you must have the ID Ten T Error!!
Might Dump Dish for direct if they can work out the kinks and get fear net hd as im almost done putting all my monsters HD movies on Blu-ray.

Well, well, you joke. But this is not a laughing matter.

Seriously, I could afford my subscription multiple times but they need to get this matter right by their customers. If I thought I would get the all the channels , I would subscribe to DirecTV and Bright House Networks (both of them) and mix and match channels and packages to get the best of both services. For example, BHN has more HBO and Max HD channels. DirecTV has more Starz. If I could get FIOS here I could get EVERYTHING I want form one source. These providers NEED to make the investment to give us everything from one source. I would GLADLY pay DirecTV $250 to give me all the channels.

Is it just bad management or cheapskate customers?

For me it is bad management! What do you think?

But does this mean they are doing another 30 days of testing, or is it going to move this month.
There is conflicting info from 2 posters on this.
it doesn't mean they'll use the 30 days for testing but they had to file for an extension since the current one expires this sunday i believe. they also filed a request to drift D12 to 103 but that hasn't been approved yet. this sucks but i'm not looking at it as some possible huge problem with D12. not yet anyway

So this STA is to move the satellite, not more testing? According to the attachment it sounds like it wants to do more testing?

from what i've read at the other site they requested to do both. more testing and drift D12 to 103. the request for more testing doesn't mean they'll use all of the 30 days but for sure they weren't done yet.

I found my info at the other site. And what I referenced was an approval of an STA that was requested on 3/31. The STA you posted was a new STA requested yesterday. Two different STAs. But the newest one doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.

Yes a new STA does give me concern as well.

I have a bad gut feeling that we might see a SEC filing about DIRECTV12 shortly. Looking at the TLE's that satellite has one hell of a wobble. It might not be usable as a DBS satellite with a wobble that bad.

Now we just sit and wait and hope that everything is ok with DIRECTV 12.

I know Tom and Doug at the other site have heard from their sources that D12 is fine. While I don't doubt that Tom and Doug are reporting exactly what their sources are saying, I believe it's possible their sources aren't being truthful with them.

Leaking out info about D12 having problems ahead of an SEC filing would probably be considered a violation of insider trading laws. The sources are going to keep giving the party line until they can legally state otherwise.

when, today???? I thought they finished the extended last testing early.

what a crock.... I want the aforementioned channels or I am switching to antenna!

Why don't you switch? It's your choice to stay with Directv or use a different provider. If I was as angry as you are I would have already been gone. I don't have any loyalty issues that would keep me with Directv even if I was unhappy with the programming. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts