Dad - new FIOS Sub

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
I recently passed down (or is is up?) my old HDTV to my parents, and they are finally ready to take the plunge to get an HD programming provider (they've just had OTA up to this point).

They are in a FIOS-capable area, and have decided to go that direction. Personally, I'm in an AT&T area and have only ever had cable and (now) DirecTV, so I'm not as helpful as I normally would be to him on these kinds of issues.

Any sage wisdom or things we need to know before he calls to get his install? They also have two other SD TV's in the house, one of which they will probably upgrade to an HD set in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks for any help you can give...

I recently passed down (or is is up?) my old HDTV to my parents, and they are finally ready to take the plunge to get an HD programming provider (they've just had OTA up to this point).

They are in a FIOS-capable area, and have decided to go that direction. Personally, I'm in an AT&T area and have only ever had cable and (now) DirecTV, so I'm not as helpful as I normally would be to him on these kinds of issues.

Any sage wisdom or things we need to know before he calls to get his install? They also have two other SD TV's in the house, one of which they will probably upgrade to an HD set in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Go ahead and spring for the HD boxes up front. If pricing changes you will get stuck with upgrading your costs if you upgrade recievers later plus you will have to have an installer come out to change the box, which I believe they charge for. The HD box works just fine on an SD set.

May want to go for a TivoHD unit if you are considering the HD DVR. They require 2 cable cards. The Vz DVR isn't the best.

Good advice from garland, as any service/equipment change will change your rates to the current rates. If you keep things the same, you will be grandfathered in at your current rates when they increase prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts