Damn NFL!

This'll make Bruce happy.

article said:
NBC said the game, which was streamed exclusively on Peacock, drew an average of about 23 million viewers Saturday night. It reached about 27.6 million viewers in total and peaked at more than 24.6 million in the second quarter. Saturday was also Peacock’s largest day in the service’s history. It set a record with 16.3 million concurrent devices streaming.

This'll make Bruce happy.

Great number, to basically get the same amount of viewers that watch Sunday Night Football, on a Saturday, on a streaming service that only as a quarter of the number of households in the United States as Subscribers, shows this transition into streaming we are now in, is going great.

Also received some numbers, that shows the 4th quarter was a disaster for a certain provider, their upcoming sale , in my opinion, might be more of take what ever we can get.

It was worth the extra $20 (BF deal) for the outstanding picture quality of Saturday and last night’s game, it was Blu-Ray quality.

Next week also.

Great number, to basically get the same amount of viewers that watch Sunday Night Football, on a Saturday, on a streaming service that only as a quarter of the number of households in the United States as Subscribers, shows this transition into streaming we are now in, is going great.

Also received some numbers, that shows the 4th quarter was a disaster for a certain provider, their upcoming sale , in my opinion, might be more of take what ever we can get.
Its free for Comcast high speed internet customers...lots of password sharing going on

It was worth the extra $20 (BF deal) for the outstanding picture quality of Saturday and last night’s game, it was Blu-Ray quality.

Next week also.
I did notice the NFL game appeared to be a higher quality than average on Peacock. Peacock is usually really nice, but it looked more like ESPN+ last night.

You can be sure they'll do it again

If it was successful for Peacock, absolutely.

We'll almost never have all the data points though to come to that conclusion as consumers otherwise:

- how many new customers did it bring in
-- new customers who only watched the game
-- new customers who then went on to watch additional programs in the service
-- monthly one-offs vs annual subs
-- churn rate for these different cohorts of customers
- increase of viewership of unrelated programming as a result of existing customers using the service (and a myriad of other related metrics)
- brand value of impressions/marketing as a result of the partnership (will continue to pay dividends via new subs / churn prevention)

Like Sunday Ticket, they don't need to recoup the costs in subscriber fees for it to be successful, and we'll almost certainly not ever see all the data to validate it as consumers outside of high level (subscriber numbers, maybe some average viewership data).

So if it happens again and at more / less than this experiment, that'll be one of the few objective ways outsiders could quantify success.

Reactions: zippyfrog
If it was successful for Peacock, absolutely.

We'll almost never have all the data points though to come to that conclusion as consumers otherwise:

- how many new customers did it bring in
-- new customers who only watched the game
-- new customers who then went on to watch additional programs in the service
-- monthly one-offs vs annual subs
This I think is key. I took advantage of the Peacock black Friday special, but have it set to not renew when it is done. But my friend ended up buying Peacock for a month and now has it set to cancel - so in essence, it is a $5.99 PPV event. No desire to see anything else in Peacock.