Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
For the FIRST TIME in all the years I've had satellite (more than 10 years maybe?) I had to go out and gently sweep the sticky snow off our dish. :) It was maybe an inch thick. Came right off when I touched it, but.... first time... so I'm no longer a snow-clearing virgin... *sigh*

For the FIRST TIME in all the years I've had satellite (more than 10 years maybe?) I had to go out and gently sweep the sticky snow off our dish. :) It was maybe an inch thick. Came right off when I touched it, but.... first time... so I'm no longer a snow-clearing virgin... *sigh*
Usually it's the Wet Snow that causes issue, the fluffy stuff doesn't bother it.

Yeah, this is wet and sticky. Temp outside is 32. Just weird 'cause I've never had to do it before on all these years. :)
I taped an old corn broom to a 10ft aluminum pole I had for... something or other... and I used painter's tape :)

hehehhe.... hey, it worked, right?

Reactions: raoul5788
Lucky for me. My dish is on the ground. The snow never bothers it, and if it did, I could just wipe it off with just my hands in a pair of gloves.

Lucky for me. My dish is on the ground. The snow never bothers it, and if it did, I could just wipe it off with just my hands in a pair of gloves.
Mines on a pole roof hieght, but I have a flat roof there and a ladder is always there anyways.
If I should b=need to get to it and I do a few times a year, the wet snow times, I just go up and wipe it off and good to go.

This was last year. It was about an inch in some spots. Everything was ok until the ice started melting and there was water collecting between the ice and the reflector.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422590593042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422590593042.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 118
Haven't had that issue in the time I've had DirecTV, and I live in NY, and it snows quite a bit, I feel lucky. :)

Haven't had that issue in the time I've had DirecTV, and I live in NY, and it snows quite a bit, I feel lucky. :)
Same here, never had this issue before, even during the last Snow Storm, I got hit with 26 inches, and my dish was hot with 0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made it through the Blizzard fine. No interruptions at all, though D did have some issues with my CW on Tuesday night and instead of The Flash I got a Montel Williams infomercial...I think they picked up the .2 channel instead of the main feed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.