Dates For ESPN-HD & TNT HD on VOOM?

I know, thats why I thought it was interesting. Maybe its not there anymore because they don't need a FAQ telling people it will be comming shortly, maybe its closer than we think. Then again my cable company has been telling me for a year now that they're close to inking a deal to carry ESPNHD, and I still don't have it.

mtuller said:
Then again my cable company has been telling me for a year now that they're close to inking a deal to carry ESPNHD, and I still don't have it.

Your cable company must be time warner. :D They keep telling us Houstonians the same thing.

Koto.... if soccer is what you want, World Sport HD has you covered. They show Spanish Premeire league all the time. It doesn't get any better than Real Madrid in High Def. Way better soccer than anything espn will show

Well, I saw a few more postseason games for the NHL and NBA on ESPN that were advertised to be on ESPN-HD, and it is still not on VOOM. I am starting to get a little tired of waiting for this. When, oh when are we ever going to see ESPN on VOOM ?

Another Ohio VOomer...I signed up today. Install is 5/5/04. I asked about ESPN-HD and I got the standard " it is in negotiations" answer from the CSR.

Is it on cablevision yet? Might happen right at the same time. Voom doesnt seem to announce anything as far as adding channels goes.

Ive become a Real Madrid fan myself. That team is awesome.

Lucky said:
Well, if it is not even on regular Cablevision yet, than there is little hope it will be on VOOM anytime soon.
I would expect it to happen as soon as it appears on cablevision, cablevision has their contract signed already.

I'm guessing, they may launch it May 1st when SportsCenter goes HD. That's the date isn't it? That could be a huge selling point for VOOM. Especially, if you could get ESPN to advertise VOOM during SportsCenter.

I think the date is june 7th or something like that for sprtscenter in HD. But this is more important than espn's measly hd offerings. we badly need the content of the regular espn

UBS investment analyst Aryeh Bourkoff said the Cablevision agreement may pave the way for the company's new Voom satellite TV venture to include ESPN, which has been a key gap in its lineup.

So i am pretty sure it will be up on Voom as soon as its up on Cablevision.

can someone call cablevision and ask them?

wasch_24 said:
Actually I've arranged for all of ESPN's offering to be initiated on Voom on my Birthday, June 11th. I figure I deserve it. :)

Well my birthday is tomorrow. Why can't I get it on my birthday? :cool:

Once the contracts are in place, they need the capability of receiving ESPN 1 & 2 in SD analog via Galaxy 5, ESPN News & Classic in SD Digicipher 2 via Galaxy 11 and ESPN HD via Digicipher Megapipe via Galaxy 10.

In other words, once the contracts are in place they need a bunch of equipment to receive the signals and add them to the VOOM uplink. They may be waiting until the contracts are signed before buying the receiving equipment. They may have purchased the stuff already in anticipation.

K4LK said:
Once the contracts are in place, they need the capability of receiving ESPN 1 & 2 in SD analog via Galaxy 5, ESPN News & Classic in SD Digicipher 2 via Galaxy 11 and ESPN HD via Digicipher Megapipe via Galaxy 10.

In other words, once the contracts are in place they need a bunch of equipment to receive the signals and add them to the VOOM uplink. They may be waiting until the contracts are signed before buying the receiving equipment. They may have purchased the stuff already in anticipation.
I would think that all the technical issues are being worked out in parallel with the negotiations. Maybe as of today VOOM is ready to start ESPN and is just a matter of getting the contract in place and press a button.

ESPN HD is not really HD, it is mostly SD with some HD

I'm currently getting ESPN HD trough my cable company in Concord, CA ( www.astound.net).
They don't have much in HD - I only saw few NHL games and 1 basebal game in 720p.Those few games had greater pricture quality then other HD channels that i have ( they all in 1080i)
The rest of ESPN content in SD which is hard to watch on 56' projection HDTV.
Is that something that my cable company doing to this channel or ESPN just doesn't have too many HD cameras?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)