Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings guys from Day 3 at the expo!

Things are happening today here at the show. We are happy to learn that our friends from Satellite AV / Invacom were awarded 2 awards at the show including best of show!

Click here for photos of us holding all the awards, and click here to see Brent Kelly (who is a SatelliteGuys member BTW!) and the SatelliteGuys Girls with the awards! And finnally click here to see the awards with the Invacom Quad Polar Legacy 4 LNB.

Congrats Invacom and SatelliteAV!!!!

We also just heard that next years show will come to us from Atlana, GA! Next years show will take place April 18 - 22. We are already planning on what we will do at next years show, it should be quite exciting!

Got a lot of stuff going on today I will post more later, including a first look of a MPEG4 FTA receiver!

Well the show is officially closed now, we just got back from the after show party.

As expected at the show they announced that next years show would be held in "Hotlanta" :)

Since it is late and my plane leaves at 6:30am I need to get packed up and to bed. I will be writing more from the show plus have a few more photos I have not uploaded yet.

It was great meeting lots of you guys, we had a really fun time!

woohoo, Hotlanta.
That's good, since I'm originally from Jackson, which is less than an hour south of there.
Maybe I'll schedule my vacation to visit the relatives during that time frame :D

I still have so much to do and report from the EXPO just have not had the time. At the moment I am working on a special video from the SatellieGuys Girls for the Pub Members. :D

I had such a GREAT time.

I got to meet and talk with some of the legends of the Satellite Industry, including the granddaddy of Satellite Bob Cooper. I was invited to speak at the Legends of Satellite roundtable but I declined because I am not a legend.

I did have a nice roundtable discussion with Michael Kohl, Jamal Sadoun and Tom Taylor, we sat there and shot stories throughout the years in the satellite industry and we also talked about the future as well.

It was great meeting many faces from the site and seeing folks who I have been talking with for a long long time but have never met in person. It was good to see old friends in the industry as well. It was also great to make some new contacts as well, we had some real good talks with the folks from SkyAngel and from the folks from SatelliteAV who are the North American Distributers for Invacom, Raysat, King Dome, as well as other companys who are interested and most importantly excited about SatelliteGuys.

I have aleady heard some feedback from some of the companies who products I have reviewed from the show telling me that have already received calls and emails asking about products they saw on SatelliteGuys!

I would like to thank Lee and Marty from the EXPO for such a great time and the great ride from the airport to the show. (Marty told me they were going to send their station waggon for me to pick me up from the airport so I didnt have to get a taxi, I never expected a 40 foot super streach limo!) The EXPO guys are class acts and it showed in the way they ran the EXPO.

While the attendance was not as much as I expected I felt it was an excellent turnout considering this was the shows first event. And it was actually NICE that Dish Network and DirecTV were not there in official attendance (although they were there)

I would love to do the show next year again, at the moment we do not have the money to do it, its unfortunate VOOM is not arround anymore, which is how we paid for most everything this time. :) But if I got the money to do it again I would do so in a heartbeat.

thumb_DSC01191.JPG

wow, dudes! Nice girls!
love.gif
;)

btw ... will be anyone of you in september this year in Berlin?
www.ifa-berlin.de
(World Of Consumer Electronics)

atlanta is not that far from tampa. maybe next year, i might make a trip out of it. maybe i will get lucky and the devil rays will be in town for interleague play.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Well the show is officially closed now, we just got back from the after show party.

As expected at the show they announced that next years show would be held in "Hotlanta" :)

Since it is late and my plane leaves at 6:30am I need to get packed up and to bed. I will be writing more from the show plus have a few more photos I have not uploaded yet.

It was great meeting lots of you guys, we had a really fun time!

WOO!! Atlanta is just a straight shot down I-20 for me. True it's 800 miles but still. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)