DBSForums

Maybe later for moderating...thanks though for asking
I'll see if I can't get some people to come over and post.

If dbsforums is gone, thats a part of DBS History we shoudl all pause and think about.

Was that one of the first dbs boards that we found scott G on?

The progression of DBS Fura ---

DBSDish --- Died a painful quick death when the new owners were critisized for firing John (founder) from his admin duties and a short-lived user rebelion.

Echostaruser.org -- a stop-gap set up by EKB founder John Buffington. This board was set up as a brief stop-over while the new replacement board was set up.

DBSForums -- founded by Dan as a replacement to DBS Dish. This took three weeks from the time DBSDish was shut down without notice

DBSTalk --- started by Chris, Scott and others who thought that the atmosphere at DBSForums was too stuffy and lacked the sense of community DBSDish had.

Satelliteguys -- Started by our friend Scott G after a schizm at DBSTalk.

There were a few other minor boards in the interum, but none ever gained the readership or community these did. I seem to remember something like "DBSAmerica" on EZBoards just prior to DBSTalk coming around. And currently there is another satellite board out there with 4-6 people reading it who resent any new posters and make them feel totally unwelcome! :)

See ya
Tony

Huh?? I think another reason people are leaving the website is the unpredictability that the site will be up 2 minutes/2 hours/2 days/2 months from now.

MikeI said:
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"
- Mark Twain

I think another reason people are leaving the website is the unpredictability that the site will be up 2 minutes/2 hours/2 days/2 months from now.

The site traffic fell below the critical mass that makes its membership self sustaining a couple of years ago, and there are no special interests to promote it, other than maybe Sky Report, which always has someone posting daily links to its one and two paragraph news blurbs. Dan may well switch to cable when they offer a better DVR. What make it worth anything to him to absorb the time and expense of keeping it open.

Last edited:
I just scanned over the last ten days posts in each forum, and other than in sports, there just isn't any unique activity that would not be replicated here or elsewhere if that forum ceased to exist.

The fact that there is an active sports forum there is a mystery, because I would think that the same subjects discussed there could be presented to larger audiences elsewhere. Don't ask me where, as I'm not an internet junkie, but I would think that there must be sports forums with hundreds of thousands of contributors, just because every city in the northeast has call in shows with hundreds of daily callers who, if they can read and write, could post ideas similar in depth and perspicacity to... oh, never mind!

Scott,
Want more Sports traffic ?

Move it back up towards the top of the site, so that it can be seen on the opening page or at least close to it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Scott,
Want more Sports traffic ?

Move it back up towards the top of the site, so that it can be seen on the opening page or at least close to it.

Jimbo
Wait some changes are coming. :D :D

First thing is move over to the new server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)