dbstalk

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott please stay away from the new software they are using.

Agreed! Nothing against the site, but I like the way this site is set up far better.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Is it the same that AVS is using ? I would presume so since aren't those two sites owned/ran by the same group ?

Is it the same that AVS is using ? I would presume so since aren't those two sites owned/ran by the same group ?
No David does not own AVS anymore, he sold it to Huddler. As far as I know he still owns DBSTalk. AVS is running Huddler and DBSTalk is running IPB.

I think IPB is the better software of the two.

Agreed ipb is for sure better than huddler

Sent from my DROID RAZR via Satelliteguys Reader

Ever since AVS changed, I've never frequented it much. In fact, I went there earlier and I'm not logged in -- shows how much effort I've made !

I primarily only went for the local HDTV thread for my location anyway.

Going from vB to IPB is a huge change...
A HUGE one I say.

IPB is slower than vBulletin.

Scott, I am looking forward to test out the XF version of Satguys. :)

The Pub members have been testing out the XF site for a few weeks now.. We are currently having a vote if we should move to XF, Move to vb5 or stay where we are.

Move to XF and Stay where we are are currently tied.

If vBulletin could fix the CFeditor issue then I would be a lot happier. But they seem to only be interested in moving everyone to vB5 which in my opinion is not ready for Prime Time yet.

Agreed awhile back I was looking forward to move to vB 5. However as of right now the way things look, no way. I do feel like we need to move forward, and not stay with what we have. It is kinda like the people that love/loved Windows XP. Some still refuse to upgrade, but at some point you need to move forward, like it or not. When support for what you have goes away and you use it very heavily it is almost a must. There are just things that are needed that will not run correctly or at all on XP. Back to the site, if support is gone, and things are not going to work right, then it is time to upgrade. Back to my analogy, upgrading may not mean go to WIN8, maybe that is not right for you or you hate the interface or the look, then maybe look at going with iOS and apple. Same with this site, staying with vB does not look like the option that is right for us, so we are looking at other options, XenForo, IPB, etc. In my opinion I do feel like we should upgrade and move forward. I feel it would be best for the site, even if that means changing platforms.

Just my 2 cents worth..;)

What other sites run XF ? I went to XF's website and their own forum and it looks real familiar.... Can't remember where I've seen it though.

Correct that is what we run over there. Sorta basic though, I have been looking at adding a third style, and experiment with some things.

As I use it the site is getting better, still clunky but I can get around in it. Now if they could get my old login working again.

They had to reset my password, then I could I sign in and change it back.

Perhaps if there were different color changes it would help, but I go to DBS far less often, I just don't like that set-up. The one AVS Forum uses works well overall, but, at work the drop downs go beyond the bottom of the screen with no way to see them. This is the easiest on any of the browsers I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)