Deactivating a used directv hd receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well after almost daily phone calls to DirecTV I finally spoke with someone that gave me the account holders first and last name that the receiver still shows as active. Now the I am trying to track down a number or address. I can find a few people with the same last name but, no one with the same first name as it is very uncommon. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go from here?
Thanks again for the input,
detox

also, be wary and prepared that if you do indeed make contact that these people may indeed feel that their privacy is being violated or that they may be suspect of your intentions.

I have found 22 people with the same last name in the whole state and only 2 in the city where the receiver was donated. How reliable are these "people searches" and is it worth $2 each to see their contact information? I have tried a free service and the 2 phone numbers I tried were disconnected.

Enjoy your Sunday,

detox

seems that with the length of time and everything you are going through; that you have exceeded more than you paid for the used unit and it would likely be far less trouble and an overall savings to try to get what you can for the unit and move on to a legit unit from DirecTV.

seems that with the length of time and everything you are going through; that you have exceeded more than you paid for the used unit and it would likely be far less trouble and an overall savings to try to get what you can for the unit and move on to a legit unit from DirecTV.
Thanks for reminding me of that. With the time and energy I do have in to it I am reluctant to just give up. Now it is merely the principle of the whole thing. I feel I am close but, how knows.

detox

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but have you tried looking at Facebook or the other social networking sites? It's possible this person may be on there too.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but have you tried looking at Facebook or the other social networking sites? It's possible this person may be on there too.

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried Facebook and MySpace but, no results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)