Dead 622

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Not to bash a company but it is well deserved my 3rd 622 died today no video on any output HDMI or Component just sound out of Digital Audio you could feel the whole unit vibrating called Dish was told they could not stay in business if they had this many problems with the 622 and had not had many problems reported.
Said they would have to send out a tech to check out how and where this unit is set up even tho they were the ones who set it up would not ship another 622 even tho they were told last time there was nothing wrong except for a bad 622 tech told them this also the unit was running at 180 in an open case.
So I brought down my 501 hooked it up in the same area with the same cables (because they said it may be a bad cable or switch) the 501 is working great.
They say they can not get a Tech out until the 29th of this month.This is how they treat a 7 year customer.

But what else is new

Just curious...does your 501 have a 3 prong cord?? You could be having some kind of eletrical issues.

The 501 has only the 2 prongs does not have the ground prong before I put the 3rd 622 in went and check all the wiring at the breaker box making sure they were all tight then replaced the outlet with a heavy duty outlet and all connection are fine including all grounds

Thanks for the suggestion

yellowcanary73 said:
The 501 has only the 2 prongs does not have the ground prong before I put the 3rd 622 in went and check all the wiring at the breaker box making sure they were all tight then replaced the outlet with a heavy duty outlet and all connection are fine including all grounds

Thanks for the suggestion
OK My point was that the 622 is grounded and the 501 is not....meaning....if, for some reason, there is electricity running through your ground, it could harm the receiver.

I never believed that myself, until someone explained to me....I had a similar problem with my PC, sat receiver, and cable TV all connected at once.

My point is that it is possible to run in on the ground prong and to the coaxial shielding, if there is a grounding problem.

I never found out what was causing the buzz in my audio; I just did the very bad thing of disconnecting the ground from everything...shame on me. That took care of my audio hum!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)