Dead HDMI replacement

Harmeister

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Boston DMA
So my 722's HDMI died a week or two ago, and I switched over to the Component cables, but I'd really like to get it back. Literally it was working one day, and not the next. All nice and ventilated in the cabinet too, no one was mucking around with the cords at all.

How good is Dish about replacement of these sorts of things? It's a leased machine as is a 622 which also has it's HDMI die as well (but I don't use the HDMI on that one any more)

Obviously to keep the recordings I would need an EHD (haven't activated that yet though... they probably wouldn't do that for free unfortunately) and push them all over to it and then get then swap in the new box.

Funny the same thing happened to my HDMI. My TV screen read "No Signal". I unplugged the HDMI and reconnected it and it still did not work. I swiched over to component cables and watched TV using them. The next day I switched back to HDMI and it worked! Don't know why it went out or why it came back but it now works. When the tech first hooked up my 722 he also had a problem with the HDMI but that was back in February. It had been OK until I had the problem about 2 weeks ago.:confused:

we hate replacing boxes for hdmi, despise it even. just call in and get serious with them and tell them to replace it. have you tried the hdmi with other electronics?

we hate replacing boxes for hdmi, despise it even. just call in and get serious with them and tell them to replace it. have you tried the hdmi with other electronics?
"You" despise replacing a defective receiver? Do you know how stupid that sounds? The whole point of having a 622 or 722 is for HD. So, why would anyone want to keep a receiver with a defective HDMI port?

If you leased a new car and 2 days later the transmission went out, would you just leave it sitting in your driveway? Or would you expect the leasing company to come and pick it up and bring a replacement? Of course you wouldn't pay for something you couldn't use.

They gonna make you agree on a 2yr extension just for that HDMI cable replacement LMAO

Nope

They gonna make you agree on a 2yr extension just for that HDMI cable replacement LMAO

Not if it's just a replacement of what he has. Now if it's an upgrade then he will have to do the 2 yr commit. I got my 622 w/broken HDMI for free for a 722k w/the OTA included. I did have to do the 2 yr commit though since I was upgrading to newest HD DVR they have.

Not if it's just a replacement of what he has. Now if it's an upgrade then he will have to do the 2 yr commit. I got my 622 w/broken HDMI for free for a 722k w/the OTA included. I did have to do the 2 yr commit though since I was upgrading to newest HD DVR they have.

Note, you said UPGRADE. That does typically take a 2yr commitment. For replacement there is usually just a S/H charge which is waived with the warranty plan.

HDMI cables are too tempermental for me. I find my component give just as good if not better pic then my hdmi. I only use hdmi for my PS3 and XBOX.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts