Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

"...I had them fix the guide earlier...."

Could you also have them fix ....... ;)

CBS-HD Going Away, Also---CSR Says

Folks I just go a note from a HIGHLY trusted source informing me that CBS-HD E&W will be dropped tonight as well.

I have no confirmation of this.

I am making some calls now to see if I can get an answer.

Finally got through to CSR. She said the CBS-HD distant feeds are going away tomorrow, "because they are distant network feeds, also.":mad:

I'm afraid my question will get lost in the traffic, but I've asked it before and never seen a good answer for it. Here goes.

I know of DirecTV customers that are on Beaver Island (in the Traverse City, MI DMA) and who appear to be "grandfathered" by DirecTV as they still have the New York ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC channels. Isn't this against the new Satellite Act and exactly the kind of activity that got Dish in trouble? I know Dish supplies L-i-L for this DMA so all the Dish subs had to get SuperDishes installed to get network affiliates via DBS.

So, how can DirecTV get away with this?

I'm afraid my question will get lost in the traffic, but I've asked it before and never seen a good answer for it. Here goes.

I know of DirecTV customers that are on Beaver Island (in the Traverse City, MI DMA) and who appear to be "grandfathered" by DirecTV as they still have the New York ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC channels. Isn't this against the new Satellite Act and exactly the kind of activity that got Dish in trouble? I know Dish supplies L-i-L for this DMA so all the Dish subs had to get SuperDishes installed to get network affiliates via DBS.

With a "grandfather" provision in the SHVA Act, of course. I had the same situation, but I lost it when I moved.

I just had contact with someone at Dish who "believes" that CBS HD is going away as well.

No hard definate yes, but thats the way the signs are pointing.

That is specifically allowed. They are grandfathered. That is not what Dish is accused of doing.

This current action only applies to Dish Network customers. I called DirecTV as I had a secondary account with them and qualified me for FOX per the website legaly. THe CSR then offered me CBS. I asked for ABC and NBC and were then given them but the big issue when all of this was going down was that I had to LEGALY qualify for at least one.

The fact that I was a Dish Network customer adding to a DirecTV account made the CSR even more happy to help. Having gone to the web site and checked what I LEGALY qualified for DirecTV then gave me more than I asked for. If they had said you only qualify for FOX I would not have asked for the rest but after they offered CBS I figured what did I have to loose by asking for the rest.

I believe that they will stop NPS (aka All American Direct) from broadcasting these signals after a court hearing because they will say that Dish Network done this with the intent of still allowing their customers to keep those stations and that Dish Network is going to profit from that. I think they will see it as a loophole and have them shut down immediately. I hope this is not the case though as this would allow people on a budget to purchase only these distant network stations without a $6 access fee.

This current action only applies to Dish Network customers. I called DirecTV as I had a secondary account with them and qualified me for FOX per the website legaly. THe CSR then offered me CBS. I asked for ABC and NBC and were then given them but the big issue when all of this was going down was that I had to LEGALY qualify for at least one.

The fact that I was a Dish Network customer adding to a DirecTV account made the CSR even more happy to help. Having gone to the web site and checked what I LEGALY qualified for DirecTV then gave me more than I asked for. If they had said you only qualify for FOX I would not have asked for the rest but after they offered CBS I figured what did I have to loose by asking for the rest.

Are you saying Direct gave you distants illegally?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)