Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

Here's another fly in the ointment for NPS:
Terms and Conditions from the AllAmericanDirect.com website said:
As a condition of receiving services, Customer represents & warrants that the television services being provided to Customer hereunder are for private individual residential television receive-only owners in single-family dwelling units located within the U.S., Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin islands, for the purpose of private noncommercial viewing solely (and for no other use or purpose) within the individual's dwelling unit via "satellite transmission" by means of equipment owned or operated by such individual, capable of receiving satellite television programming.
Would a customer who is leasing his or her receiver be able to use Dish's receiver to get this programming since that might be construed as using Dish's equipment, even if NPS is able to provide this service through a non-Echostar satellite?

Are you saying Direct gave you distants illegally?

NO they just tell me the fact that is that I have low Grade B signals made me eligible and that you may qualify for stations that the web site does not reflect.

They did mention the mountains and the terran I lived in are a big factor. If was say living in Cleveland I would not qualify at all. Cant be in an area where locals are offered at all and must be in a white area for at least 1 network.

heck I dont get FOX at all so Ill still be able to watch The Dodgers and Angels on Saturday baseball.

I only called as I had a secondary account with them. If my childrens Grandmother had not had DirecTV for international programing I would not have called at all. Figured what have I got to loose.

:confused: How is Charlie pulling a stunt? NPS saw an opportunity to make some easy $ so they approached E* about leasing a transponder. Once the transponder was leased, NPS decided to uplink distant networks with their new space. E* doesn't have anything to do with it; NPS is uplinking the channels and they are sellin them.

You don't truly believe what you just wrote do you? Echostar has EVERYTHING to do with this.

If NPS is truely not in it with Dish on providing the channels then I would think that they would be able to turn on the channels to any satellite receiver no matter of its status. If Dish Network is in charge of turning those channels on and off though then that makes you wonder if they are not in cahoots with each other. Maybe I am thinking on the wrong side of things when saying that but it would seem as if NPS is involved if Dish was activating the channels for the customers.

Just got a note and there WILL be a Charlie Chat tonight at 11pm. However I dont know if it will be available to all or just those who are losing distant networks.

NO they just tell me the fact that is that I have low Grade B signals made me eligible and that you may qualify for stations that the web site does not reflect.

They did mention the mountains and the terran I lived in are a big factor. If was say living in Cleveland I would not qualify at all. Cant be in an area where locals are offered at all and must be in a white area for at least 1 network.

heck I dont get FOX at all so Ill still be able to watch The Dodgers and Angels on Saturday baseball.

I only called as I had a secondary account with them. If my childrens Grandmother had not had DirecTV for international programing I would not have called at all. Figured what have I got to loose.

My friend, that is indeed illegal. (not for you - for Direct to do) Either you qualify or you don't, and grade "B" signals do not qualify. You are not in a white area if you have grade "B" signals. Also, it does not matter if you are in a white area for 1 network - you can only get distants for each network that you are in a white area for. Perhaps you are a little confused on what Direct said, or they are indeed circumventing the law to get Dish subscribers.

Just got a note and there WILL be a Charlie Chat tonight at 11pm. However I dont know if it will be available to all or just those who are losing distant networks.

Scott, on 101? Not in the guide yet. Thanks for the heads up. How are people supposed to see it if they don't advertise it?

I am a full-time RVer. I have had a waiver and both East and West network feeds for years. I had an Oregon address when I first signed up, so my EPG always had Pacific time. Some time around the first of the year, Dish sent me a note congratulating me that i now had access to the locals in my area. Sure enough, in the All Sub list, I saw all the Portland stations. Of course they are on spot beam and I was out of the footprint, so I couldn't see them. I never worried about it until today. My network stations dropped out around noon. About two or three months ago, I changed my address with Dish to a Texas address, as I seemed to spend more time in that part of the country. They verified the address change, but the locals and the time on my EPG never changed. I called them today when my DNS dropped and complained. They gave me the fifteen minute spiel and said I would have to watch locals. I said I didn't care as long as I could get something. I explained that the only locals available to me were in Oregon and I could not receive them in Texas. She said my physical address was in Oregon, only my billing address was in Texas, so I could not see Texas stations. I told her to change my physical address to Texas, but that actually my physical locations changed every three to 12 weeks and could be anywhere in the country. She said I would now only be able to get Texas stations. i could only change my physical address once in a one year period. They would then charge me for dropping one set of locals and charge me again for starting another local package. Even though the distant network spiel on the satellite said they would give the local stations for free until next year, the rep said that would not apply in my case since I had an RV waiver. That made me ineligible for the free local preview. So, I will be paying for the locals effective immediately, even though the Portland locals were available since February or so, although I haven't been able to watch them while outside of the spot beam.

I guess I am out of luck when I head north next Spring. Boy am I confused!

I could be confused thats possible but lots of people with DirecTV have them in this part of the country. Same with Dish Network. I only applied for FOX as the web site said I was qualified for them and FOX is not a grade b signal and I was told I qual for the others. Now both DirecTV and Dish Network have qualified me for the same stations and DirecTV is much stricter about these things. I do know that zip codes also play a factor and some zip codes in this area qualify and some do not if that helps

So I am legal I am told. I have friends with DirecTV in other parts of the country who would kill to get DNS but are told they are not qualified as they have locals of there own.

I know people who do install for both Dish Network and DirecTV in this area and they all tell me selected zip codes quialify in the mountain state and selected zip codes dont qualify.

perhaps the system that DirecTV qualifes you with when you call in is more accurate than the one on the web site.

After all every one kows DirecTV follows the rules

I could be confused thats possible but lots of people with DirecTV have them in this part of the country. Same with Dish Network. I only applied for FOX as the web site said I was qualified for them and FOX is not a grade b signal and I was told I qual for the others. Now both DirecTV and Dish Network have qualified me for the same stations and DirecTV is much stricter about these things. I do know that zip codes also play a factor and some zip codes in this area qualify and some do not if that helps

So I am legal I am told. I have friends with DirecTV in other parts of the country who would kill to get DNS but are told they are not qualified as they have locals of there own.

I know people who do install for both Dish Network and DirecTV in this area and they all tell me selected zip codes quialify in the mountain state and selected zip codes dont qualify.

perhaps the system that DirecTV qualifes you with when you call in is more accurate than the one on the web site.

After all every one kows DirecTV follows the rules

Well, congrats on getting them in any event. Perhaps you misunderstood and none of your networks serve your area - meaning you are in a white area for all of them. It should go by zip code, and street address. Glad you were able to get them!

I ma happy as I was born in New York and Raided in Los Angeles and came to West Virginia on Military assignement up to my retirment on 1 Oct 2006. To e the Los Angeles stations are the ones I grew up with. In fact there are newscasters and sportscasters on those stations from when I was a kid in the 1970's.

now being born in NY I have some loyalty to WPIX and WWOR. My dad moved the family from Brooklyn NY to LA in 1971 and it justs burns him up that both DirecTV and Dish Network wont let him superstations or DNS.

Drives Dad up the wall that a DODGER fan gets to watch Yankees and Mets TV games while he cant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)