Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

The fact that they are not independent of dish is going to make this whole NPS deal another fiasco.

You were elgible for DNS and LiL if you subbed to both before 12/08/2004.

And charlie said it himself on the chat with the illustratd pie chart.

A: people who revcd DNS and LiL

B: people who recvd DNS but did not sub to Lil

C: people with DNS and in a are with no lil

Charlie said if you are in B or C you can get DNS from NPS.

But NPS isn't asking for the card # now. Looks like NPS is just doing the qualifying using the subs phone number/zip code and then E* takes over from there. Is NPS just a qualifying agent for E*?
Looks like they realized the flaw they had in their setup then.... As others have mentioned, the qualification should be 100% independent of ANYTHING to do with Dish. There should have no database sharing, information from Dish supplied to NPS, etc, etc. IF a customer is eligible using NPS' qualification process, THEN your smart-card # would be needed.

Originally Posted by cj9788
"This would then mean they are truly independent of E* and just leasing TP space and selling programing independently of E*."

Because they're not. There are multiple ties and arrangements made between Dish and NPS. Some may be valid, i.e. leasing transponder space, but most aren't.

By selecting just that part of my post you make it seem like I think they are independent.

I never said they were, I belive after going through the qualifaction process and speaking to thier reps they are working in concert!

They do not qualift you untill they have your phone number. If your phone number is not in there system they will NOT qualify your address. If you requested DNS on line they send you an e-mail if you are on the phone with the CSR they tell you to call your provider. This is complet Bullsh!t. If they are not working with dish then they should qualify you based on your address. Your phone number not being in the system should have nothing to do with them selling you distants!

I agree with your post! The longer this thing goes on the more it looks like a charade. Does anyone REALLY not believe that E* is using NPS to try to end run the injunction? NPS qualifies using the phone # and zipcode and E* takes over from there.

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I live in a rural area of central West Virginia and can receive ONLY ONE local channel (CBS) over the air. Can you imagine! There are only 2 ABC affiliates in the entire state, both of which are 120 to 150 miles south of me. It has been a delight to have been able to receive ABC from LA. I find it absurd that is is now illegal for DISH to provide me with any ABC service.

I was delighted to find your site and subsequently just signed up (couple hours ago) for the 2 networks I am eligible for (FOX and ABC) from DNS. Apparently it will take some time for the channels to be activated. But my immediate concern is that I don’t see any evidence that channels 5735 to 5738 appear on my DISH “all channels” guide. I have a dish 500 system so I can receive signals from Echostar VII at 119 ° west. Are any other of you smart folks with a DISH 500 receiving ABC/ FOX successfully?

Thanks! VASTO

I agree with your post! The longer this thing goes on the more it looks like a charade. Does anyone REALLY not believe that E* is using NPS to try to end run the injunction? NPS qualifies using the phone # and zipcode and E* takes over from there.

and there was a second gunman on the grassy nole!!!

By selecting just that part of my post you make it seem like I think they are independent.

I never said they were, I belive after going through the qualifaction process and speaking to thier reps they are working in concert!
Just to clarify, I agree with you. I do NOT quote people's entire posts, only the main or relevant parts.

pinchitter,

Do you receive Lil on E*? If you do then that is why NPS does not have your account info.

Hall

Coll it is just that particular sentence could be construed the other way.

Hi Folks,

I live in a rural area of central West Virginia and can receive ONLY ONE local channel (CBS) over the air. Can you imagine! There are only 2 ABC affiliates in the entire state, both of which are 120 to 150 miles south of me. It has been a delight to have been able to receive ABC from LA. I find it absurd that is is now illegal for DISH to provide me with any ABC service.

I was delighted to find your site and subsequently just signed up (couple hours ago) for the 2 networks I am eligible for (FOX and ABC) from DNS. Apparently it will take some time for the channels to be activated. But my immediate concern is that I don’t see any evidence that channels 5735 to 5738 appear on my DISH “all channels” guide. I have a dish 500 system so I can receive signals from Echostar VII at 119 ° west. Are any other of you smart folks with a DISH 500 receiving ABC/ FOX successfully?

Thanks! VASTO

Vasto,
I live in the southern part of state and have a Dish 500. I qualify for all but NBC. The channels where turned on within 5 mins of my calling them this morning . The eastern channels look okay. But the western feeds of Fox/ABC look awful.

I signed up on their website last night,said i could only get cbs and fox ,needed waivers for nbc and abc.went back to watching other tv show and checked back about an hour later had what i thought were the correct stations.Decided to check them closer this morning and found they were cbs and nbc ,no fox.Would like to have fox also but am afraid to call them,afraid they will take away the nbc.I also live near Beckley,WV.

Well i was denied by NPS for distant networks although i live in a white area with no LiL or anything.

NPS said i am not in their system.
So logically, i asked what do i have to do to qualify.

answer: nothing you can't

So i asked why is it i am in a white area,,,legal to receive DNS and am not in their puter. And why would i be in their puter to begin with.

answer: Dish network gave them the peopl eligible.

So i asked if i needed to contact Dish to get into NPS system.

answer: yes

So i called Dish, they said i am a lunatic and they have nothing to do with any such company andhave no idea what i am talking about in reference to some company known as NPS.

So i called NPS back.

Same guy. i tell him Dish told me they have nothing to do with NPS. How do i prove i am legally able to receive DNS from your company?

answer: we have no way to qualify you. Only if you are already in our computer can we help you.

and after some running around in circles on my part, i was basically told you are sheet out of luck.

I have no idea what they are doing, but this is ridiculous. They very few of us that ARE LEGALLY able to receive DNS are once again being denied..?

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?

"...Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?..."

I really don't think so. Other than, of course, more lawyers getting richer.

I signed up on their website last night,said i could only get cbs and fox ,needed waivers for nbc and abc.went back to watching other tv show and checked back about an hour later had what i thought were the correct stations.Decided to check them closer this morning and found they were cbs and nbc ,no fox.Would like to have fox also but am afraid to call them,afraid they will take away the nbc.I also live near Beckley,WV.

I live in Beckley West Virginia and I have NBC and FOX from NPS. A few hours after I called they called me back to say that I was also eligible for ABC but it has not shown up yet on my system.

Your right if you call back you run the risk of losoing CBS for FOX as I cant get CBS from them

So i called Dish, they said i am a lunatic and they have nothing to do with any such company andhave no idea what i am talking about in reference to some company known as NPS.
This is a fiasco on Dish's part if they're now claiming this. What is the loop on the distant channels saying now ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts