Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

On the other hand dont make the signals look so poor that it gives people the idea of going to DirecTV. My DirecTV NY and LA signals look great. So if I were going to make a snap decesion to drop my Dish Network account and simply add a few more DirecTV recievers to my house it would be because the picture quality of the NPS stations. . . .

It would also be so easy already having a secondary DirecTV account but I will wait and give NPS a chance to get its act together. Besides I like my Superstations. If DirecTV really wanted to lure people from Dish they would offer WWOR, WPIX, KTLA ect but they dont.

And that brings up a good question. Why don't they offer these channels ?

For the conspiracy folks; we had one of te best vaivers for DNS, we are full-time RVers. We had been fully qualified by E* with our RV.

When I enroilled with NPS Friday at 7:00 AM with my South Dakota virtual address, I was accepted. I received a welcoming email.

After 49 hours without the DNS channels being turned o, I finally received a respsonse from the emails that I had been sending every four hors from 7:03 AM Friday. The send a phone number to call. When I called the number I was told I did not qualify.

So I sent in the RV waiver hoping that gets the DNS channels turned on.

If NPS was working with E*, they would have known about our RV waiver.

And as I return home from an appointemnt tonight the Atlanta NBC station is now the Atlanta CBS station. Picture quality is aboslutly horrible. Dont know why I started getting an Atlanta CBS station on the NBC channel. They must really be having problems at NPS

I have friend here in Marietta Ohio that is STILL receiving NY distant networks from Dish Network. I and several others lost them Friday night Saturday morning. We are totally baffled.

I signed up with NPS and they screwed up and gave me NBC (not eligible) and forgot to activate FOX (eligible). Agree picture quality is absotively horrid.

And as I return home from an appointemnt tonight the Atlanta NBC station is now the Atlanta CBS station. Picture quality is aboslutly horrible. Dont know why I started getting an Atlanta CBS station on the NBC channel. They must really be having problems at NPS

Yeah, that was a treat, since I must wait 30-60 days for waivers for CBS and ABC from NPS and Amazing Race, my favorite show was on at that moment!

Watched "Desp Housewives" on ABC Atlanta. "No Signal" on black screen off and on throughout. Will DVR west coast and see if that comes through without a glitch. Missing part of a show is annoying. Growing pains? I hope they get bugs worked out.

Watched "Desp Housewives" on ABC Atlanta. "No Signal" on black screen off and on throughout. Will DVR west coast and see if that comes through without a glitch. Missing part of a show is annoying. Growing pains? I hope they get bugs worked out.

Unless you missed it the first time around it was a repeat. The episode where Bree announces her engagement to Orson and he gets accused of killing his EX-wife by his former next door neighbor at the engagement party.

HI, Please read my thread and see what they are doing to me. These people are completely incompetant. I am also not getting anything but "no signal " on cbs. I am livid about the waiver situation but like I said before, I'm calling directtv today. This is too much trouble to go thru for tv. The picture quality is terrible , they don't answer emails and the customer service people are ignorant and act like moronic robots. J

If you live in a white area DirecTV will hook you they couldnt activate my DNS from New York and Los Angeles fast enough when I called then last Wednesday to cancell an international programing package.

But if you have locals your not getting DNS with DirecTV

Are you saying Directv is giving East and West DNS for new customers?

I am not technically a new customer. I had set up a secondary account with them in September 2005 as my childrens Grandmother watched an international package called ABS-CBN which DirecTV bought out.

They came and installed 2 recievers and the dishes for free and then put me on the phone to activate the package. Then to my SURPRISE they told me that because I did not live in an area where they had locals I had to purchase the Total Choice Package or I could not have the international package. . .

Well Grandmother moved out last week so I saw no reason to keep paying $35 for three channels I would never watch and called to cancel it as the web site would not let me.

Well when I spoke to them I mentioned I was a Dish Network customer who was losing DNS. The CSR checked and I was told I was eligible for DNS in my area. He hooked me up and I had everything I am loosing with Dish on in 5 minutes. Problem is its in rooms that I dont do my TV watching in but point is I qualified by the stricter DirecTV guidlines. . . .

And in this area Dish was not cheating

I am not technically a new customer. I had set up a secondary account with them in September 2005 as my childrens Grandmother watched an international package called ABS-CBN which DirecTV bought out.

They came and installed 2 recievers and the dishes for free and then put me on the phone to activate the package. Then to my SURPRISE they told me that because I did not live in an area where they had locals I had to purchase the Total Choice Package or I could not have the international package. . .

Well Grandmother moved out last week so I saw no reason to keep paying $35 for three channels I would never watch and called to cancel it as the web site would not let me.

Well when I spoke to them I mentioned I was a Dish Network customer who was losing DNS. The CSR checked and I was told I was eligible for DNS in my area. He hooked me up and I had everything I am loosing with Dish on in 5 minutes. Problem is its in rooms that I dont do my TV watching in but point is I qualified by the stricter DirecTV guidlines. . . .

And in this area Dish was not cheating

Can you get distants on DirecTv without subscribing to any other programming package?

No idea but as they are going to give you equipment these days I would think that they want a minimum programing commintment. Cant say for sure you might want to call them up.

Back when we all purchased our equiipment I dont think they would have cared but now that its the lease option they push they might want a bigger commitment

No idea but as they are going to give you equipment these days I would think that they want a minimum programing commintment. Cant say for sure you might want to call them up.

Back when we all purchased our equiipment I dont think they would have cared but now that its the lease option they push they might want a bigger commitment

I have an old RCA DirecTv box that I used to have subbed under Pegasus. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if they would allow me to get just distants.

My understanding is that Directv only subs packages.

Dish used to allow you to sub things seperately (ie, HD, SHO, HBO, Locals) etc, but the HD standalone package is no more. They might still allow the others, but that doesn't help you out.

From TransmitterNews.com-Distant Networks vs. EchoStar Update

Distant Networks vs. EchoStar Update

Monday December 4, 2006

On November 29, 2006 the Plaintiffs (ABC, NBC, CBS & FOX) filed an motion with the United States District Court Southern District Of Florida requesting an Issuance of an Order to Show Cause why EchoStar and “two parties acting in concert with EchoStar” should not be held in contempt. United States District Judge William Dimitrouleas has issued an order referring this motion to United States Magistrate Judge Barry S. Seltzer for “appropriate disposition or report and recommendation.

It was further ordered that the parties or their counsel send a copy of all relevant pleading and filing directly to the Magistrate Judge. In a related order, Judge Dimitrouleas denied a request by Mike Mountford of NPS to have attorneys not from the state of Florida to represent his interests in this case. Stay tuned to the Transmitter News for further updates as they become available.

If you haven’t done so, sign up for the email version of the Transmitter News. We will be emailing updates as they become available.

Ever think that just may be NPS bought the list from a third party. If you were on a do not call list or told Dish don’t share your information, your name and phone number would not be on a third party list.

Barry Seltzer - That name sounds familiar. Is he known for some other case or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)