Dealer problems getting HD installed

wgeorge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Hawaii
Dish designates Microcom as their installer here on the Big Island. Microcom has scheduled appointments twice and cancelled them each time the day before. The order was placed Feb. 13. First it was because the installer couldn't make it and the latest was due to not receiving the equipment from Dish Network. There are other installers on the island that have far better customer service.

1. Why does Dish Network insist on using one dealer?

2. Would I be better off forgetting about the Dish'n it up offer and just purchase a 622 on my own? Microcom has priced the installation at $291 although the D/U offer is far less than that.

It depends. Do you already have the Dish & cable in place? Does the installation require an additional Dish or cable? If it's simply plugging in the 622 and hooking it up that's a no brainer.

Dish, cable, switch and antenna for the 110 satellite are all in place. Currently using a 522 DVR as main receiver.

Well, you are not going to get much if any HD off 110, most of it's on 61.5 or 129, so a dish 500 won't do, you will need a dish 1000 or a wing dish pointed at the above to get most HD.

So that means a Dish upgrade.

I have a few customers on the big island and the general feeling is that the people at Microcam are crooks!

I setup a Dishstore dealer and they wanted $250 from one of my customers to install a 24 inch Dish for 110!

The problem is that they are the only game in town

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)