DEAR Blockbuster:

BB has more "unavailable" and "Very Long Wait" than Netflix. I've been with Netflix for over 10 years now and have gotten those now and then, but with BB, it's almost all the time. Of the 14 items I've added to my queue, only 4 are available, 3 are long waits and the rest are unavailable. What's the point of allowing something to be added to the queue only to be placed there and never be shipped?

I admit I'm seeing a lot more long waits on BB than I did no Netflix. I put Water for Elephants on the queue over a month ago and still showed very long wait. In fact I waited long enough that I was able to get it at RedBox instead.

I admit I'm seeing a lot more long waits on BB than I did no Netflix. I put Water for Elephants on the queue over a month ago and still showed very long wait. In fact I waited long enough that I was able to get it at RedBox instead.

That's interesting because I just signed up for BMP yesterday, put Water For Elephants at the top of my Queue, got the Very Log Wait next to it and they shipped it today. Beginner's luck?

Shelly

I have a dozen titles in my queue and only TWO are very long wait... as if that never happens at Netflix. Some people just love to complain.

When Netflix gives me HD channels, console games, DVD by mail w/ in-store exchange/return, then they will be the better of the two.

Water for Elephants was shipped to me yesterday, this is strange, since it was listed as Very Long Wait.
Dan

I dropped BBMP last week because the service here in the Phoenix area really got bad. Only had the service for new DVD releases. Almost all new releases went on long or very long wait, they would send me titles that were removed from my queue when I checked them out from a store, or they didn't ship me anything when my at home queue was empty and new tiles were released.

Went back to Netflix and will revisit BBMP when they get their act together and create an online GUI interface for streaming the free titles to your DVR.

I've had three that were listed VLW, but shipped regardless.

I have a dozen titles in my queue and only TWO are very long wait... as if that never happens at Netflix. Some people just love to complain.

When Netflix gives me HD channels, console games, DVD by mail w/ in-store exchange/return, then they will be the better of the two.

1 of 36 movies in my Netflix queue is short wait. 6 of 18 movies in my MP are short or long wait. HD channels come from DISH not BB. The console game thing would be a huge plus if they weren't all long wait. And all the BB stores in my town closed. So by your standards, which is the better service? I love DISH but Blockbuster has always been a shoddily run company and that's why they nearly went out of business. My hope is that Dish will make it a great company but they need honest feedback to make that happen.

I gotta say BB by mail has improved to Netflix levels for me. Actually better, considering no upcharge for BR, new releases without a month-long wait and actually a FEW 3D blurays. I just bumped to 2 @ a time because of this. It was pretty bad initially but for the last month it's been great. Example: I mail a return on Saturday, get an email re. delivery of same Monday, they mail a new one (and they have been NEW releases) same day and I receive it Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope it stays this way!

Ed

A follow up.....the particular title was promptly shipped by Netflix..I left it in my Blockbuster queue for a week...then removed it. Interestingly, even though it has been removed for close to a week....they sent a shipping email yesterday...which leads to another question...are there software bugs?.... Is the Blockbuster site compatible with all browsers? Netflix seems to offer a much more friendly interface and easier, more accurate search functions. I am using Firefox....AND another little bug....Blockbuster mailers blow.

Last edited:
Downriver, I use Firefox also and have never had any issues with the website. I do use the Blockbuster site rather than logging in through Dish as I like that format better, although admittedly they both are inferior in layout and features to Netflix (although the new Netflix streaming layout with the side scrolling drives me crazy...I HATE that!).

I like the smaller, more compact size of Blockbuster mailers over Netflix, but the quality of the mailers themselves are quite poor. Hopefully as time goes on we'll see a significant overhaul to the website, and perhaps the mailers, too. Not to mention the streaming interface.

i've had 2 on very long wait for 7 months now,they have been at the top of my queue and they have never shipped. they are older movies.

It also helps to go into the 'my account' section and scroll down to QUEUE PREFERENCE SETTINGS and click on change under shipping. There you would switch the default speed option to Order and set some extra days to wait for a title while keeping the long wait titles at the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)