Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Dear Directv,

You Rock!

Love, Goaliebob99!

P.S. MRV Totally Rocks even more!

P.P.S. Ill have more details in another thread on how everything went! But I just felt that I needed to post this short letter to D*:up

Congrats on the switch. I hope one day to get something more than a D* Dish with no LNB installed at my house.

Congrats Bob!

Hey how does it feel to see the Sox in HD and not worry if it will be shown in HD? :)

Ya also gotta change your sig and avatar now that you're on the good side :D

When I saw the title of the thread, I said to myself "Oh boy here we go again, he's gonna start complaining." :)

Good for you Bob. Be nice to the people in this forum, it's very nice and peaceful here compared to that other provider. :D

When I saw the title of the thread, I said to myself "Oh boy here we go again, he's gonna start complaining." :)

Good for you Bob. Be nice to the people in this forum, it's very nice and peaceful here compared to that other provider. :D

? ...... How long will it last ?

Yeah, this forum has really picked up in the last few weeks. I noticed a thread in the Dish forum where the OP talked about people leaving in big numbers and going to D*. I dunno how true it is, but a lot of old timers here have switched. Of course all the usual loyalists jumped to the Dish defense.

As someone who's noted the PQ difference several times in the last 1.5-2 yrs, Im glad to see it substantiated by more. Dish has a good service, but they chose a route I dont wanna go.

Can't wait for my DECA install tomorrow!

Everything went well Other than the installer not having a clue, almost showing up late and his bad BO! Aside from that mess Im very happy!

Ice, it feels totally good that I dont have to worry about programming. That worry isnt there.

Ice, it feels totally good that I dont have to worry about programming. That worry isnt there.

Great to hear!
The little one will love sprout and you can watch the Sox & Cubs in HD for sure...not "maybe"
(you know with E* the game would have been JIP'd or not shown in HD at all) ;)

Oh the MLB Network kicks major a$$

Great to hear!
The little one will love sprout and you can watch the Sox & Cubs in HD for sure...not "maybe"
(you know with E* the game would have been JIP'd or not shown in HD at all) ;)

Oh the MLB Network kicks major a$$

:up:up:up

Not much else to say :)

Yeah, this forum has really picked up in the last few weeks. I noticed a thread in the Dish forum where the OP talked about people leaving in big numbers and going to D*. I dunno how true it is, but a lot of old timers here have switched. Of course all the usual loyalists jumped to the Dish defense.

As someone who's noted the PQ difference several times in the last 1.5-2 yrs, Im glad to see it substantiated by more. Dish has a good service, but they chose a route I dont wanna go.

Can't wait for my DECA install tomorrow!

I was with DISH for 9 years and switched about 6 weeks ago. I think people are just tired of all the games DISH plays with their customers. Always wondering if this channel or that channel will be pulled. Promises of bigger and better things and then never happening. I know I'm glad. They couldn't even do a simple install of an upgraded DVR without messing up everything. That was the tipping point for me.
I agree with MLB Network rocks for me too! :up

I was with Dish for 12 years and switched 6/23. Haven't looked back. MRV rocks. I was a 622 and 211 beta tester, worked with dish on guides, etc. Dish would have kept me if it wasn't for the outrageous fees on receivers and fixing a problem they caused.

S~

I cant wait for my MRV install today.

D* def has a few more hardware bugs than Dish seems too, but as a Dish sub I lost channels, had horrible customer service (it is greatly improved now), and had fraud actually allowed on my account, where a woman in Tn setup 5 accounts under my name.

Not had those issues with D*, and customer service has always been pretty good, except for the sneaky contract extensions. Both have their issues, but I think, AT THIS POINT, Directv is a more professional company.

I say AT THIS POINT, because Im not a loyalist, and if I become unhappy, I have no problem switching. Having both a couple of times in the last 6 years, Directv is my fav overall. I'm still surprised Dish added those rcvr fee's, and makes me glad I dropped them when I moved back to Alabama in Dec.

Not to get off topic, but are those Disney HD channels still pulled from Dish? I try not to troll in the other forum, because sometimes a comment can require you to post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)