Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

Just ordered through chat. I have 22m down and 3.5m up accoring to speedtest. On my Thunderbolt (in 3g at work) I have 2.2m down and over 900k up. Everything ought to be OK for this?

update: ok, chat didn't work. ralph (lel) said computer wasn't working, so he couldn't complete the order. Told me to call the 800 number. If I ordered through the tv everywhere site, I wouldn't get the rebate. Will order tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
the quality of the picture is totally dependant on your upstream link speed. according to reports, it is "up to HD quality" but hard to say because it's being shown on a computer monitor...

Right from the instructions
HD Viewing: 3 Mbps or higher
SD Viewing: 600 Kbps or higher
Mobile Viewing: 150 Kbps or higher

How can I tell if the CSR has applied my order correctly? I don't see it in "My Shipments" when I log into my account and I also haven't received any emails about it yet. As you can tell from the Chat that I posted, it was a somewhat strange conversation - I don't think the CSR knew much about the promotion. I don't want to do another Chat and end up getting two Sling Adapters by mistake..

Smartkid said:
How can I tell if the CSR has applied my order correctly? I don't see it in "My Shipments" when I log into my account and I also haven't received any emails about it yet. As you can tell from the Chat that I posted, it was a somewhat strange conversation - I don't think the CSR knew much about the promotion. I don't want to do another Chat and end up getting two Sling Adapters by mistake..

I guess if it doesn't arrive in a week, call again. Not like the promotion is ending anytime soon.

I hope this hasn't been asked before, as I only read about 75% of this thread. I have talked to the DISH people now for 30 minutes. I was told to just order the sling adapter and that after I placed the order a link would appear that would direct me to a rebate form. I did that, but no link appeared. Now I have just spend $99 plus $7 in shipping. I called back and talked to another CSR and was told that in 45 days a link would appear on the "my account" tab that would let me apply for the rebate. Does this sound correct to you, or do I need to call back a 3rd time to battle this out?

The $7 shipping does not sound right. I was charged the $99, and it has appeared on my credit card at that amount.

UPS shows delivery for Monday.

Free shipping for me, but I am getting dinged with taxes. Wonder if there is anyway around that? I live in MN.

Sling Adapter $99.00
Taxes $6.81
Shipping $0.00
Total $105.81

I guess if it doesn't arrive in a week, call again. Not like the promotion is ending anytime soon.
If you have not received an e-mail confirmation of order then I would definetly question if it was ordered. If you were charged shipping, you will want to check that the rebate was entered properly. Taxes are determined by the states. If equipment is taxable, you will be taxed.
If you PM account info and question, I can verify the accounts! Just let me know!

Just ordered mine via chat and not charged shipping either. Is there a link to the Get My Sling Adapter Reward?

The rebate offer sheet says to go to "dishnetwork.com->My Account->Get Sling Adapter Rebate"

Not a link, but close enough I hope :p I looked on my account and the link is not there, not sure if it's because I have a 922 or not, but it's not there for me at least.

Edit:
Try this it has a link on there http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/promotion/freeTVeverywhere/default.aspx

Just ordered mine as well online.. About 5 minutes after I got done with the order I received an email from Dish saying that my account had been removed from auto pay.. Not sure what happened so this time I called Dish and spoke with a very nice representative who took care of the problem and also gave me 3 free months of Encore and 3 free pay per view movies.. I didn't even ask. Just gave it away for free.

A couple days ago I took advantage of the free Cinemax offer for 30 days as well. So as of now I have a free Sling Adapter, Encore free for 3 months, Starz free for a year, Cinemax free for one month and 3 free pay per view movies.

Can't beat that!

Kevin.

*The link to get your rebate will show up in your account online. Right after my order was placed I noticed the following link "Get Sling Adapter Reward". If I click it it says "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later." The representative said wait 45 days and then come back and click the link to obtain your rebate.

* I just put a reminder in my Google Calender to remember to check back on this in 45 days. I think we all know how most manufacturers hope rebates work ;) They hope you just forget about it..

Last edited:
Went to the Dish website using IE and it was a completely different page than FF. I deleted all the dish cookies in FF and now it loads the exact same page as IE with the Sling Adapter offer on the front page.

Went to the Dish website using IE and it was a completely different page than FF. I deleted all the dish cookies in FF and now it loads the exact same page as IE with the Sling Adapter offer on the front page.

You can also use InPrivate Browsing in IE so that your cookies aren't seen and it will bring up the offer.

Just ordered mine as well online.. About 5 minutes after I got done with the order I received an email from Dish saying that my account had been removed from auto pay.. Not sure what happened so this time I called Dish and spoke with a very nice representative who took care of the problem and also gave me 3 free months of Encore and 3 free pay per view movies.. I didn't even ask. Just gave it away for free.

A couple days ago I took advantage of the free Cinemax offer for 30 days as well. So as of now I have a free Sling Adapter, Encore free for 3 months, Starz free for a year, Cinemax free for one month and 3 free pay per view movies.

Can't beat that!

Kevin.

*The link to get your rebate will show up in your account online. Right after my order was placed I noticed the following link "Get Sling Adapter Reward". If I click it it says "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later." The representative said wait 45 days and then come back and click the link to obtain your rebate.

* I just put a reminder in my Google Calender to remember to check back on this in 45 days. I think we all know how most manufacturers hope rebates work ;) They hope you just forget about it..

I'm starting to wonder if DirecTV coming in at #1 in customer service is starting to get to Dish...Maybe, just maybe, they're understanding that they need to improve on their customer service.

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts