Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
na, it's to make you stay at AT200+ level for at least 2 months. by that time you will like it and not want to change back.

It's "all of the above." 45 days allows all of the following:
1: **A good percentage of folks will forget to redeem**.
2: It gets past the 30 day return window.
3: Makes sure you keep required levels of service for at least a little while.
4: Makes sure you have paid the bill (mine was charged to my Dish account).

#1 is the primary reason any company offers as a rebate vs a coupon or immediate credit. The 45 day wait will just increase the percentage.

Last edited:
The time value of money over 45 days for the low total dollars in revenue we are talking about here is not material or relevant to Dish.

Geeze. It seems like every single post I make results in a snarky comeback. This isn't the friendliest forum I've ever been on, I can tell you that!

I was making a general observation about the company. You may be correct in this case, but don't think Dish doesn't understand this very basic financial principal and use it to their advantage (as they should!). Why else do you think they practically force you to sign up for autopay?

some folks are gruffer then others. i tend to be short in my replies and that can seem snarky. just not much of a typer. :)

also, a lot of the folks here get real picky abaout certain subjects. there have been lengthy discussion about my sig for example.

Not tyring to be "snarky". Just stating that it is really a non-factor in this case. This is a one time 45 day delay of $99 per sale (of which we know there won't be all that many since it is limited to a very targeted audience). However, in the case of autopay it is a much much bigger deal. That has the potential to impact every single customer that they have (or all $13 Billion in revenue).

ok, got mine up and running. Seems to work fine. Of course it works better on my home wifi than on 3g, but it's acceptable. I haven't tried watching while I'm recording something yet, so I don't know what will happen. I primarily record on tv2, as I run in single mode. So I'm curious to see what will happen when I start watching during a recording, when it swaps to dual mode.

Just ordered mine using the chat, rep seemed to know exactly what I was talking about. $99 charged to credit card and already got order confirmation. :) Thanks Dish, so far so good!

Now I can't login to dish remote access. Is this a common problem? Kinda crappy, if so.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using SatelliteGuys

I ordered mine the evening of the 23rd, and it's here today, less than 5 days later. If I can get this cat off my lap, I'll go install and test it.

I ordered mine on the 24th and it came on the 27th. Hooked up and it works great. Checked the status on line.. all green lines except for the waiting 45 days.. That is red.. says I have to wait until 7/8/2011. Then they will mail the rebate.. Kewl deal.. Thanks Dish Network. Something was actually free..

Last edited:
I ordered mine on the 24th and it came on the 27th. Hooked up and it works great. Checked the status on line.. all green lines except for the waiting 45 days.. That is red.. says I have to wait until 7/8/2011. Then they will mail the rebate.. Kewl deal.. Thanks Dish Network. Something was actually free..

Where on line do you see the info?

Mary comes through again. She checked my account and discovered that the CSR who took my order for the Sling, did it incorrectly and the account was not tagged for the rebate. She said she would take care of it.

Thank you Mary....again

Mine arrived today and worked like a charm right out of the box. Watching both Live TV and Recorded programing worked without a problem. When iPhone connected to the receiver it automatically went into dual mode and when disconnected automatically put the receiver back into single mode. I'm just waiting for a scheduled show to start recording so I can see what happens then whey I try to access the DVR.

1. 3G connection the picture quality is certainly watchable but clearly not anywhere near HD quality. More like low quality YouTube video.
  2. WiFi connection displayed a much better quality picture although I still wouldn't call it HD.

The only problem I experienced was my guide on the iPhone was missing some channels/shows. This has happened to me in the past as well and it usually clears itself up by time I use the app again a couple days later. I'm guessing this is just one of those connection issues I have heard others mention.

I can manually enter any channel I want and it works just fine so not a major deal but still would be nice to have a complete guide showing all available programing. For example MSNBC wasn't even on the guide on my iPhone..

Others have asked about USB hubs. I'm currently using a non powered one and it works just fine. My external hard drive has it's own power source. I'm guessing if your drive doesn't have it's own power source and has to share with the Sling Adaptor your mileage may very.

Over all I would highly recommend and you certainly can't beat the price! FREE

Kevin.

Mary comes through again. She checked my account and discovered that the CSR who took my order for the Sling, did it incorrectly and the account was not tagged for the rebate. She said she would take care of it.

Thank you Mary....again

I asked her to check my account to make sure it was tagged properly for the rebate and it was not. She is working on getting it corrected for me also

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)