Declination ?/Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only on the Face of the Dish.
I believe he was referring to the Main Axis point.

Yes, I'm talking about the main axis. I will check my stuff on Saturday and hopefully I'll post some good results back here. Thanks Lak7, you have been most helpful. Thanks to everyone.

Hi Long Hair . I have the same exact mount on my unimesh . I got mine for free from my nieghbor and it was profesonaly installed , so i took it for granted that all i had to do was pull it off the pipe and set it on mine , sense the move was only 50 yards. I could get all the sats just east and west of my true south but after that everything dropped off. I tried everything to fine tune , then i noticed that the positioner arm was set for someone that lives on the west coast ( daaaa ) i simply moved the acuator to the the other hole ( on the right standing behind the dish ) and there it was . I was looking at your pic and was wondering if it could be that simple . Is your accuator arm in the right hole ?I don't understand how this could make much differance but it did .

Hi Long Hair . I have the same exact mount on my unimesh . I got mine for free from my nieghbor and it was profesonaly installed , so i took it for granted that all i had to do was pull it off the pipe and set it on mine , sense the move was only 50 yards. I could get all the sats just east and west of my true south but after that everything dropped off. I tried everything to fine tune , then i noticed that the positioner arm was set for someone that lives on the west coast ( daaaa ) i simply moved the acuator to the the other hole ( on the right standing behind the dish ) and there it was . I was looking at your pic and was wondering if it could be that simple . Is your accuator arm in the right hole ?I don't understand how this could make much differance but it did .

thanks for your input, but I can get all the sats, just not all tp's. I played with the dish today. My dish has dent's and dings in the mesh. I pushed up on the mesh and my ku signal went to 30 q from about 15. So I'm sure I just need some new mesh panels. Thanks again, I might try moving the actuator to the other hole for sh*ts and giggles

Have you done the String Test on the Dish, to see if it's warped?

once before I put the dish up. And about 3 weeks ago I tried with it on the pole. The strings are just a little tight, but look's good to me. My dish was at a steal yard and I know the area it came from,so I'm 99% sure it's been in a tornado. I'm confident it's not warped,but like I said the mesh is beat up in some spots. When I checked the mesh by pushing up on one of the panels my signal when up a lot, and there was a lot more I didn't try.

Try this....
Disconnect the Actuator at the Dish and "carefully" flop the Dish to 1 side. Make sure the Actuator is out of the way!!!! Don't let it fall!!!!
String the Dish where the Panels are joined tie string tight. Then use 2 pieces of small string, and string the back of the Dish, tape the string in the grooves where the panels meet, so that the string forms a Cross in the hole of the center plate. Make sense so far?
Now, from behind the Dish, look thru the Center Plate.
Is the Feedhorn in the "crosshairs" of the 2 sets of strings?
Even pop the feed Cap off for a better view.

I have also had good luck removing the Mesh and rolling the kinks out.
I think it's anything over a 1/4" that make a difference for Ku.
I use a small putty knife to ease open the channel, both sides and the rim, and slide the mesh out.
Slide it toward the center first, so it can clear the rim, then out.
It takes patients to reinstall, but gets easier once you get the hang of it.
Some suggested that when reinstalling the Mesh, flip it over.

Try this....
Disconnect the Actuator at the Dish and "carefully" flop the Dish to 1 side. Make sure the Actuator is out of the way!!!! Don't let it fall!!!!
String the Dish where the Panels are joined tie string tight. Then use 2 pieces of small string, and string the back of the Dish, tape the string in the grooves where the panels meet, so that the string forms a Cross in the hole of the center plate. Make sense so far?
Now, from behind the Dish, look thru the Center Plate.
Is the Feedhorn in the "crosshairs" of the 2 sets of strings?
Even pop the feed Cap off for a better view.

The last time I did the string test I did that,but I didn't disconnect the actuator.I just moved my dish a little past 137west and was able to see the string cross and the lnb from the back. Plus I use a laser pointer on 4 sides of the lnb to help point it at the center. I'll have to try to roll out the dents in the mesh. Thanks Again for all the Ideas. It's all well appreciated:up

Signal better with me in it?

Today I was playing with my dish and moved it to Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W. The signal on my 4dtv was about 33 before it was 40. So I went out to look at the dish moved east, then west by hand nothing good,so I lifted up and pushed down on the dish still nothing. So I get the ladder out climb up to the lnb to check if it's centered and my signal went up to about 38, I moved off the ladder and my signal when back down to 33,32.

So can someone please tell me why my signal is better with me in it?

Today I was playing with my dish and moved it to Galaxy 28 at 89.0°W. The signal on my 4dtv was about 33 before it was 40. So I went out to look at the dish moved east, then west by hand nothing good,so I lifted up and pushed down on the dish still nothing. So I get the ladder out climb up to the lnb to check if it's centered and my signal went up to about 38, I moved off the ladder and my signal when back down to 33,32.

So can someone please tell me why my signal is better with me in it?

Maybe you are just a very "attractive" guy? :confused:

That's an odd one, Long Hair, maybe some of the old C-band hands will have an answer for you.

Grounding

I believe the reason my signal gets better with me in it, is that my dish is not grounded right. So the lnb is picking up noise and when I'm in front of the dish I block some of the noise?

New ? what's the best way to ground my dish. I thought about using my water pipe where the coax enters my house.But that would be about 60ft. from dish to house and I think the max distance would be 20ft. And even if I used that pipe I'm not sure it is bonded to the electric service.I can't use the ground rod on the electric service because I can't find it? I might install a ground rod, but I would be about 15-20ft from the service entrance. What would you all do?:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts